Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Poll

How often do you play games?

0-5 hours a week.
3 (7.5%)
1-2 hours a day.
10 (25%)
3-6 hours a day.
16 (40%)
7-10 hours a day.
8 (20%)
I'm playing a game right now.
3 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author Topic: How much gaming?  (Read 15153 times)

Boozu

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Familiar
How much gaming?
« on: September 24, 2009, 03:45:39 PM »
Do you play mostly on a console or your pc?  What kind of games do you play?

I play 3-6 hours a day on my pc.  Mostly shooting games but I like puzzle games (not bejeweled) and fast paised games.
Don't worry about it.  If it's not good at stock, then it's not good.

computeruler

Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: How much gaming?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 03:50:36 PM »
I would say around 3-6.  With school now, I dont have as much time to game as I would like

nitelife2989

Intermediate

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 07:30:55 AM »
    i play on my PC for a couple hours a day only because that's all the time i have between when i get off work and go to bed, otherwise i would play between 3-6 hours

Mulreay

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 03:03:27 PM »
    I'm one of those fools who has lots of games on the go at any one time. I'm playing FFVII, unreal tournament, sim city 4 deluxe, diablo II lord of destruction addition, Freespace II, Elite frontiers, Freelancer, Rome total war, Civilization II, Monkey Island special edition, Shadowflare and mirrors edge.
    I like to have loads of games on the go so I can chop and change to the mood I'm in.

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Brian's Mess Of A Web Page
    « Reply #4 on: September 25, 2009, 03:27:34 PM »
    I like to have loads of games on the go so I can chop and change to the mood I'm in.

This explains your signature!   ;D

"For you, a thousand times over." - "The Kite Runner"

Boozu

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Yes
      • Yes
    « Reply #5 on: September 25, 2009, 06:32:34 PM »
    This explains your signature!
    We have all had those days.

Mulreay

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2009, 07:28:18 PM »
    We have all had those days.

Yeah it's actually FFVII that's making me do that at the moment... I can only get 99% without cheating... I may need to cheat mmm

quaxo

Guru
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #7 on: September 28, 2009, 09:31:54 PM »
    I'm a huge gamer. Always got my nose in something. I'm more of a classic gamer though, I don't like much of anything that's come out recently. The most recent game I've bought is Dead Space, and before that Mass Effect. Before those, I hadn't bought anything in a good while since I never found anything that really interested me.

I like my old stuff though. A bit of Command & Conquer, Age of Empires, Worms World Party, and even back to some old DOS classics like The Dig, Full Throttle, the Space Quest series, and when I feel like shooting stuff, Doom I & II or Duke Nukem 3D.

Boozu

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Yes
      • Yes
    « Reply #8 on: September 29, 2009, 06:34:46 AM »
    The old games are always good.

pimvdh

Rookie
      « Reply #9 on: September 30, 2009, 11:01:44 AM »
      i game just around 12 hours a week.
      got a job for my study and just don't get to allot of gaming anymore. though in holidays it gets to 70+ a week :P

I mainly play games that are out a few days to a few months, I rarely play games older then 6 months....
      oldest game I play now is C&C3.

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
        • Yes
        • Brian's Mess Of A Web Page
      « Reply #10 on: September 30, 2009, 11:20:46 AM »
      What's C&C3?

"For you, a thousand times over." - "The Kite Runner"

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
      • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • BC-Programming.com
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #11 on: September 30, 2009, 11:27:13 AM »
      What's C&C3?

Command & Conquer 3.

which would be like Command & Conquer before Westwood was bought out by E&A, only with far less innovative gameplay and more broken game concepts.
      I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

quaxo

Guru
        • Yes
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #12 on: September 30, 2009, 11:48:59 AM »
      The only C&C game I liked after EA got their hands on Westwood was Generals. Throw in the Zero Hour expansion, give me the terrorists, and I'm unstoppable. I still get together about once a month or so with some mates and we play it... although I'm not allowed to use the terrorists more than once a night because of how much a** I kick with them haha.

Star Wars: Empire at War is another game we play together. I'm not as good at it as I am with Generals, but I do put up a mean fight with as the Empire.

I don't game as much as I used to. I think I'm starting to lose my touch.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
      • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • BC-Programming.com
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #13 on: September 30, 2009, 12:18:41 PM »
      actually, me too. I'm simply awful at most newer games. too many controls  :P

heck, I have trouble getting through Super Mario Sunshine... so I decided to see if I had somehow lost my touch with Mario 64. Nope, just as good as I always was, Wall kicking all over the place, taking massive shortcuts, etc. And yet fort some reason I have trouble with the basic obstacle courses in Sunshine. Maybe I just suck at the game. Although in all fairness I had the same "issues" with Smash Bros. Melee just took some adjustment time I suppose. Come to think of it, Mario 64 was quite the shift from Super Mario world, if I do recall; in fact, even now, via ROM hacks, I find just how much my "abilities" with SMW were really just a matter of memorization. Quite impressive that the ROM hackers of some basic hacks were able to put holes in the exact right locations. I'd run and jump at full speed- as I would in the original, and face death from a single block hole, by landing perfectly in it. Although it really was frustrating... I'd play SMW some more... but I'm stilling having nightmares from the entire week where I played through the game every single day in an attempt to capture a ZSNES movie of my accomplishment. 7 failed attempts, and they all went out of sync at the same location.

I'd be playing Crysis myself if it didn't constantly crash, but that's another story altogether. I only "suck" at that in the sense where I'm used to being able to do things that one would do quite painlessly in other games, such as crash into a building full tilt. bloody realistic game blows me up. Turns out cliffs do the same thing. They really need to document these things.

Age of Empires 1 And 2 are still games I fire up on occasion. Used to be simply awful at both, but now I'm about average, being able to beat a Very Hard computer Opponent (usually just barely, though)

Never really could get into any C&C after Red Alert 2; I do have generals/Zero Hour but have hardly played it.

Also as much as I complain I really can't say I dislike C&C3, since I haven't played it.
      I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Boozu

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Yes
        • Yes
      « Reply #14 on: September 30, 2009, 03:20:16 PM »
      I'd be playing Crysis myself if it didn't constantly crash, but that's another story altogether.
      What do you mean? Your system is more than adequate to play Crysis so what is the problem?