Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need help with my PC  (Read 1649 times)

axeman

Need help with my PC
« on: September 25, 2009, 02:58:42 AM »
I haven't used my PC for a few weeks. So i just turned it on and it started up OK. I left the room for a few minutes then came back...and my screen was all dark. Thinking it was the screen saver, i moved the mouse around but nothing happened. The green power light was on and the H.D.D red light was also blinking a few times.
I restarted my PC using the small re-start button and the screen was still dark.
This time i turned it off by holding the start button down for about 5 seconds. Then i turned the main-switch off at the back....waited about 10 minutes and turned the PC on again.
Now when it started for the 3rd time, the Green power light started to flash on and off very fast, while making a very, very quick on and off beeping noise. The beeping was so fast that it's almost like one constant beep.

So...Turn PC on........green power light fast, crazy flashing and beeping......screen completely dark.
Any ideas?
Does the power light's fast beeps and flashing indicate the problem in some kind of PC code?
Thanks.

Computer_Commando

Hacker
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Need help with my PC
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 11:40:44 AM »
It could be the power supply is on the verge of complete failure or it's cooling fan is stuck, which will cause it to fail.