Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Battlefield 2  (Read 43656 times)

Raptor

Re: Battlefield 2
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2005, 11:24:28 AM »
Yes, that part I understood, but can I not zoom in any further with the sniper rifle?

colonel_sanders

« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2005, 02:31:02 PM »
Nope, it sucks doesnt it, its hard to get any good head shots off at a distance with the crapy zoom

jowser

Rookie

« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2005, 11:51:23 PM »
    Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me how much a high ping rate will affect other user's when i'm playing BF2 online ?

Mine is normally about 300.  ???

Raptor

« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2005, 01:13:57 AM »
    I believe people like you have a name... You HPB! ;D

You may lag up some people with slower connections and jump over the screen of people with faster connections.

As for zooming.. You're right, I liked the sniper rifle in BF1942 better. Just place the dot on where the bullet had to land. Now you've got daft symbols that are only in the way. Good thing that most sniper rifles are (semi)automatic, though. Just fire away.

How do I unlock new weapons in single player?
    « Last Edit: July 04, 2005, 01:14:11 AM by Raptor »

colonel_sanders

« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2005, 03:53:41 PM »
    The People who made Americas Army (An army recruitment tool) said that the only thing that affects lag is the servers ping, not yours, and even though people will blame bad lag on you because you have a high ping, in reality your ping isnt affecting them at all and its there and the servers fault for the lag that they are experienceing
    And i dont remember how to unlock weapons in single, you have to change something
    You have to change
    0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 to 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
    I cant remember what file it is in though, sry, but ill try to find it

Raptor

« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2005, 03:55:34 PM »
    It is horrible that BF2 does not support ASE. How do you solve the problem, Sanders? The darn built-in browser constantly crashes on me because I click too often.

merlin_2

« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2005, 04:10:36 PM »
    Who is winning.....vrw......

Raptor

« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2005, 04:23:22 PM »
    VRW?

colonel_sanders

« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2005, 09:45:42 PM »
    It is horrible that BF2 does not support ASE. How do you solve the problem, Sanders? The darn built-in browser constantly crashes on me because I click too often.

I read about it not supporting it but i have no idea on how to fix it, If you want you can ask the people at Totalbf2.com (a bf2 site that has a forum i go to) and they will probably tell you how to do it if its even possible
    « Last Edit: July 04, 2005, 09:46:08 PM by colonel_sanders »

Raptor

« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2005, 05:02:03 AM »
    I doubt it is, because you have to log in with your account name and can not simply join a game.

What servers do you often visit, Sander?

colonel_sanders

« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2005, 12:40:30 PM »
    I usualy browse around for any open ranked server, but when an opertunity presents itself i play on Leetservers.com or something close to that, just type in leet in the search box

colonel_sanders

« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2005, 03:30:25 PM »
    How do I unlock new weapons in single player?

Ok i found out what file its in
    go to
    \program files\ea games\battle field 2\python\stats\unlocks.py
    open it up using notepad
    change the 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 to 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
    then save it, this should give you all of the unocks in single player
    « Last Edit: July 05, 2005, 03:31:47 PM by colonel_sanders »

Raptor

« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2005, 01:27:39 AM »
    Nice, thanks. Unfortunately, my game computer is currrently... Disabeled, to say the least. I am dedicating it entirely to high performance so I first have to clean the hardware properly before I put it back together and pray that BF2 will run smoother. Loading seems to take forever, especially the identifying client data. Is that PB's doing?

colonel_sanders

« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2005, 11:08:17 AM »
    I have no idea whos doing it is, i just wonder, what if your connection sucks and you have like dial up or no connection at all, are you still able to play single? because it has to connect to database everytime, its just a stupid idea to put this verification thing in

Raptor

« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2005, 11:13:23 AM »
    You can probably use the default account which does not seem to require a password.

But I very much doubt anyone would buy BF2 for single player. The bots can't get anything done unless they're on the enemies side.