Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Run-time error '8012' The device is not open  (Read 13360 times)

WangL

Run-time error '8012' The device is not open
« on: October 05, 2009, 06:22:43 AM »
I sweeped a PC (windows XP, sp3) with CCleaner (V2.23.999) with all options choosen, i.e. also on the appications tab. After I ran that proces a button in an ms-access-2003 application program no longer works. The button is supposed to ring a phone number out thru an ISDN-phone device. The other way around is also implemented: i.e. when a call comes in the acces-application displays information from the caller that is stored in the database.

When hitting the button you get the message 'Run-time error '8012' The device is not open'. Before the CCleaner run the program functioned well. No other changes were made to the PC, program, configuration etc.

The VBA-coding in access calls the program dial.exe with parameters. When running dial.exe with those parameters on the command line that seems to work flawless.

In Access the object library ARION Isdn controls V1.0 is loaded to enable communication with the isdn-device over the com3-port.

Would anyone know what possibly can have gone wrong with the ccleaner-run? Or know how I can trace the fault spot?

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Run-time error '8012' The device is not open
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 07:27:19 AM »
Go to Start/Run and type in services.msc....
See if the Human Interface Device service is disabled...if so enable it.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "