Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: IMac problem!! Does not display!  (Read 5465 times)

KusH305

Topic Starter

Rookie

IMac problem!! Does not display!
    « on: October 05, 2009, 08:45:29 PM »
    When i turn the computer on it just stays blank like if the video card is not working or it could also be the motherboard! Does anyone know how i can figure out whats going on with my computer?

Thank u in advance!

socrates

Apprentice

• I know nothing except for the fact of my ignorance
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: IMac problem!! Does not display!
    « Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 08:24:10 AM »
    What model iMac is it?  If you have another monitor (and the appropriate adapter) you could hook that up and see if it's just your monitor that's shot.

Are you seeing a light on the iMac or hearing sound to know that it's actually turning on?

KusH305

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 09:08:57 PM »
      yess the white light in the front of the computer turns on and i hear it also! Its an iMac g5! i dont really have another monitor  :-\

socrates

Apprentice

• I know nothing except for the fact of my ignorance
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 07:51:38 AM »
      Here are a couple things you can try:  First, try unplugging the power completely from the iMac and letting it sit for 1 minute.  Then plug it back in and turn it on.  Any video?

Other option is this:

When you first hit the power button, press command, option, P, and R all at the same time and hold them down until you hear the apple chime two times.  This resets the PRAM, which can fix common video issues.