Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Corrupt Files bad sector??  (Read 2069 times)

notevenclose

Topic Starter

Rookie

Corrupt Files bad sector??
    « on: October 03, 2009, 01:17:32 PM »
    Hi  I have to re install windows in my brothers pc ..A Dell Optiplex GX270 ,Pentium 4 processor running   XP Pro SP3.The problem I am having is, I’m trying to recover his data. But when I put the drive in the enclosure and hook it up to another   pc I can’t find any of his files. I can only  find them  when  the drive is in his machine. I tried the enclosure on two different .pcs with the same result . when I open his drive they are not listed  just the administrator folders The All users  and  user  folders  are listed .However  all users is empty and   when I try to open Users it say I cant have access to it  and I know  his admin. profile has no password. Could his flies be corrupt?  or drive sectors? Is there any way I can tell ?  in the event logger I  see a lot of Msi Installer warnings but  I can’t  access  any properties of anything . his problems started when he turned on auto updates and  all kinds or stuff got down loaded…  sp2 ,Dr Watson , hot fixes….. I called Microsoft  and verified it is a legal copy of windows and tried with them to install recovery console but  didn’t work. Any one have any suggestions? 

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Corrupt Files bad sector??
    « Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 01:26:26 PM »
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

notevenclose

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 10:56:11 AM »
      Thank You !!

I didn't get a chance to try it until last night. It worked perfectly  :)

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 02:59:48 PM »
      Welcome Aboard ! !
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "