Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My notebook didn't work even in normal condition?  (Read 2323 times)

Vikram Varaprasad

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    My notebook didn't work even in normal condition?
    « on: October 07, 2009, 01:25:01 AM »

Hi, I'm using Acer aspire 4720 laptop with Intel Core2duo 1.5GHz processor, 1 gb ram, I had installed Windows Xp service pack 2 on my notebook. Whenever i'm playing games (Especially Need for speed Most wanted game) it didn't respond quickly it strucks for sometime and it plays the game very slowly, after sometime it plays in normal speed. My computer is well configured to play the game and no viruses or worms are present in my computer and it is up to date Can you tell me the reason behind this ?

I tried the following things
    (1) Installed bitdefender total security 2009 and scanned for any viruses, worms, rootkits, malwares and adwares and i put very high protection level in it.
    (2) Uninstalled all unnecessary softwares and cleaned the temporary files from all locations
    (3) Installed TuneUp Utilities 2009 and applied the speedup processes, registry cleaning, disk defragmentation.... etc
    (4) Deleted unnecessary startup programs

After performing the above operations my windows drive has more than 15gb space free and I installed the game.... but it works slow....

and also i tried the following
    Uninstalled all the softwares even antivirus also. Only the game with necessary files (.NET framework files and windows Installer) is installed but the result is same.

Finally i did the following thing
    I formatted my entire harddisk and installed the fresh copy of WindowsXp service pack 2 and installed the gameCD(It is genuine yes!!!) but the result is same. My computer does not give the boost to the game.
    One thing I found that whenever I'm doing a task like scanning, creating disks (using nero), playing games My processor usage went to 100%, why I don't know (Everytime I Checked it even after formatting)

Please help me in solving my problem ?
    Vikram...

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: My notebook didn't work even in normal condition?
    « Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 05:49:11 AM »
    1) DO NOT RUN YOUR SYSTEM WITHOUT AN ANTI VIRUS PROGRAM INSTALLED AND RESIDENT
    2) Open Task Manager to the processes tab. Sort on the CPU column with highest usage at the top (double-click on the CPU title at the top of the column)
    3) When the processor spikes, look at task manager to see which process is using the cpu.

Vikram Varaprasad

Topic Starter

Intermediate
      Re: My notebook didn't work even in normal condition?
      « Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 11:25:54 PM »
      Thanks allan for your support.

Earlier i tried all the things you had mentioned. The game itself is using about 49-65% usage of cpu and one other process system.exe is using 35-51% usage of cpu. Almost 98% is used by the game.

I found that whenever I'm playing the game my processor's and harddisk's temperature increases beyond the limit. At the beginning the temperature of harddisk is 42C and processor's is 48C, after playing game for 10min they went to 53C(harddisk)  and 75-85C(processor) and the system is hanging then.

Can I decrease their temperature by any means ?
      If so, can I increase my system speed ?
      Vikram...