Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Stand alone .exe wont open  (Read 2196 times)

barret

Topic Starter

Rookie

Stand alone .exe wont open
    « on: October 07, 2009, 11:42:59 AM »
    Gateway Media PC with Vista SP1 with a Sony 46" lcd for a monitor.

I have been using a small 1.5 Mb channel editor program (MaZ 1.0) with no issues. There is no installer and it does not appear in any menu or the add / remove programs list. I run it directly off a thumb drive or sometimes from the download section. Version 1.1 was released and my problem is that I can not get this version to open. I get a momentary Vista revolving circle showing like the application is going to open but nothing happens. I get no error messages, warnings etc. I tried removing the original Maz editor from my downloads. I tried opening it under a different user. As a last resort last night I did a restore back to one day before I loaded the original version 1.0 thinking if there was a conflict or hidden file somewhere that this would help. It didn't. I also tried changing the screen resolutions with no help.

What puzzles me though is that I can run the program (Version 1.1) on my office pc also running Vista sp1. I also tried it on an older XP computer and it works good also. The only difference I can see here is that these computers never had version 1.0 on them and they are using regular lcd computer monitors versus the one I am having the issue with uses a Sony 46" TV.  I am at a loss getting help from the software site as everything is in Spanish. For that matter the whole editor is in Spanish.

I am not sure what to try next and need help.  ???

Thanks
    Chris

Mulreay

Re: Stand alone .exe wont open
    « Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 03:08:56 PM »
    Why is the program in Spanish could you not purchase it in English?

barret

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: Stand alone .exe wont open
      « Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 04:53:45 AM »
      There is no English release yet. It is in the works.