Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: mother board area ticking noise in computer  (Read 5353 times)

sckrem

Topic Starter

Rookie

mother board area ticking noise in computer
    « on: October 08, 2009, 10:49:56 PM »
    when I turn on my computer nothing happens except for this ticking sound coming from the mother board area. Nothing comes up on the monitor. I just got finished duel booting my computer with windows XP and 7. I have 70G Hard drive partitioned in half 35G each.

Boozu

Hopeful

• Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: mother board area ticking noise in computer
    « Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 11:04:27 PM »
    Do you get the post screen? How did you "finish duel booting"? Did you just delete the partition, delete the files in the partition, what?
    Don't worry about it.  If it's not good at stock, then it's not good.

freakinerick

Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 11:40:34 PM »
      bro check the memory card... ..... are you sure the noise are from the mboard not in your hard disk?

em tryin' hard to be programmer
      and i need you to teach me sensei..

sckrem

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 08:37:54 AM »

when I turn on my computer nothing happens except for this ticking sound coming from the mother board area. Nothing comes up on the monitor. I just got finished duel booting my computer with windows XP and 7. I have 70G Hard drive partitioned in half 35G each.

Do you get the post screen? How did you "finish duel booting"? Did you just delete the partition, delete the files in the partition, what?

bro check the memory card... ..... are you sure the noise are from the mboard not in your hard disk

no it didn't post. well i tried another hard disk and still it won't come on. I just had 7 running for 1/2 the day then I put on XP on a different partittion

sckrem

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 06:18:45 PM »
          I fixed the problem it was the HDD it was hooked up to a SATA connection plug but it was bad so the ticking was from the bsd connection with hard drive

sckrem

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2009, 03:51:42 PM »
            Did you put XP on first? You need to put the oldest OS on first. Do you have Sata connection? My hard drive was Sata. I just had a molix power connector. I had the ticking noise because I had an extion to convert my power to a sata connection. I removed the power Molix /sata connectio and directly connected the molix power connecter to my hard drive the noise went away

patio

• Genius
            • Maud' Dib
              • Yes
            • Experience: Beginner
            « Reply #6 on: November 07, 2009, 04:02:30 PM »
            That drive is getting ready to fail...backup what you can immediately.
            " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "