Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer not turning on  (Read 1859 times)

neelchauhan

Computer not turning on
« on: October 16, 2009, 07:00:51 AM »
I have a Dell Dimension 2350 computer and I wanted to test the speeds of my current network vs. a Gigabit one. I was writing a book about upgrading your PC and I re-seated the RAM and left it open for the night. This morning, I closed the cover, turned it on, and it didn't turn on. This morning, I opened the system and saw a flashing green light (Without unpluging). I am not sure on what caused it. Last night, I wore a Sweatshirt and it may cause static electricity. Sure, I can't buy a brand new PC from Dell because their Inspiron 5XX ethernet controller is the same as the Dell Dimension Ethernet controller, except different brand names, and I will void warranty in the new PC.
I was typing this from school, and this system is at home. I need to know how I would fix it.
The cold may have froze the system and sure, I can't afford any system. I can also mess up my Inspiron 530, any Pentium III or AMD athlon system, or a system from a 1 penny auction for this purpose.