Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows has detected an IP Address conflict question  (Read 5138 times)

joepinger

Topic Starter

Rookie

Windows has detected an IP Address conflict question
    « on: October 15, 2009, 06:04:00 PM »
    I have gotten an error message on my computer and I'm afraid it means something really bad.  This is what it says, "Windows has detected an IP Address conflict.  Another computer on this network has the same IP Address as this computer.  Contact your network administrator for help resolving this issue.  More details are available in the Windows Event Log.  Network Error".  Is this a serious issue and how do I get to the System Event Log?  Sounds like a potential hack or already hacked.  Thanks.

cervantes100

Beginner

• I'am he.
      • Experience: Experienced
      Re: Windows has detected an IP Address conflict question
      « Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 06:31:36 PM »
      Someone else on your network has the same IP address. You need to contact your system administrator. If the other user is connect it will automatic kick the other user out. Therefore the other users cannot use the the internet, no connection...etc.

joepinger

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: Windows has detected an IP Address conflict question
        « Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 06:51:08 PM »
        Someone else on your network has the same IP address. You need to contact your system administrator. If the other user is connect it will automatic kick the other user out. Therefore the other users cannot use the the internet, no connection...etc.
        Yes you got it I guess, I do get booted out alot disconnected all the time.  How do I contact the system administrator?  Is it the Wi-Fi signal doing this?  If so, I never did like the Wi-Fi interfering with my wireless signal.  How do I access the Windows System Event Log?  Thanks.