Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wireless Help Required  (Read 6232 times)

Ste

Re: Wireless Help Required
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2005, 06:59:00 AM »
i have tried the wizard, but may need to reset my router and re-run. Will i need to change any settings on my wireless NIC card on my laptop?

Sidewinder

Guru

• Experience: Familiar
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2005, 07:43:23 AM »
You should not have to change any settings. The Wizard will take care of the network settings. You mentioned that you have a built in adapter. Does that mean all the wireless hardware is built in or is there a wireless card you plug into the adapter? If so, is the software for the wireless card installed and is Windows controlling the network?

Also microwaves and 2.4GHZ telephones can interfere with your wireless connection.

Let us know. 8)
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.

-- Albert Einstein

Ste

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2005, 08:09:48 AM »
the wireless card is built in my laptop. So your saying if i reset my router and run the wizard on laptop that should be it?

Sidewinder

Guru

• Experience: Familiar
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2005, 08:23:33 AM »
If there is no firewall blocking it and with a little luck, you should be OK. To check, ping the router. You can always install any security features and file sharing later.

Good luck. 8)
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.

-- Albert Einstein

Ste

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2005, 06:12:16 AM »
problem solved - ended up being my chuffing laptops NIC card was disabled by a switch underneath my laptop! flicked it on and poped up my SSID !!!!

Thanks for ur comments