Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Driver disc 'Not for this Mobo?'  (Read 6363 times)

alexma

Topic Starter

Beginner

Driver disc 'Not for this Mobo?'
    « on: October 20, 2009, 05:25:37 AM »
    I recently installed Vista 64 on a Mobo 761GXK8MB (Foxconn), which was originally running XP Home (32bit) All went well until I tried to install drivers from the disc which came with the board, a message was displayed 'This Driver Disc is not for this Motherboard' However, I did manage to get all the drivers online in the end. I am so curious to know why this happened, as the disc worked perfectly when used to install XP. Has anyone any idea why this should happen? I understand that this is not a problem per se within the context of the forums wonderful ability to solve problems, but as I said I am really curious! I know I'm asking a lot of people to advise on a problem already solved, I'd just like to know!!! Many thanks Alexma
    Finding a grub in your apple, is not as bad as finding half a grub in..........

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Driver disc 'Not for this Mobo?'
    « Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 06:57:01 AM »
    64bit Vista ? ?

This would explain it as those drivers probably weren't even written til well after that MBoard was in production...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

alexma

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 07:33:29 AM »
      Ahhh...... So that's it! I can sleep at night now!! Many thanks for your response Patio        (simple as that Doh...)
      Finding a grub in your apple, is not as bad as finding half a grub in..........

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 08:01:17 AM »
      No problem...stop by anytime !

PS. Double check the manuf. website...they should have them by now.
      Burn them to CD for future reference...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "