Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help my laptop hates me.  (Read 2615 times)

msr68

Topic Starter

Starter

Help my laptop hates me.
    « on: October 20, 2009, 03:33:28 PM »
    I have an IBM T-41 when I started it this mornig it got to the desktop screen and then it all went wrong I have so shrtcuts on the screen and the start menu task bar is missing I get nothing when I right click on the mouse. My control panel is missing as well I have tried expolrer exe. it did nothing. I have no disc either.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Help my laptop hates me.
    « Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 03:38:02 PM »
    Run a full scan with your anti virus utility. Also download and run a scan with MalwareBytes (do both, not one or the other)

msr68

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 03:53:18 PM »
      i will try where is it?

Allan

• Mastermind
      « Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 03:58:58 PM »
      Where is what?

msr68

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 04:10:12 PM »
        how do I      (Run a full scan with your anti virus utility. Also download and run a scan with MalwareBytes (do both, not one or the other)   I can't find the utility

Allan

• Mastermind
        « Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 04:19:46 PM »
        If you don't have an anti virus utility installed, that's your first problem. You should not run a system without a good AV running at all times.

You can download Avira or Avast for free (use google). Ditto Malware Bytes (which is NOT a replacement for an anti virus utility, it's an anti malware utility I'd like you to use to run an additional scan).

If all this is really that difficult for you I suggest you ask someone more familiar with computers to help you. This is really pretty basic stuff and you do need to have an AV installed.