Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: cCleaner  (Read 6163 times)

inapaler

Rookie

Re: cCleaner
    « Reply #15 on: November 04, 2009, 04:46:19 AM »
    I've been using CCleaner for quite sometimes now! I love it!

Its the cleaner and its startup tool I really love about it. its registry cleaner is also good but I dont or seldom use it. :)

Duderino

Rookie

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2009, 02:04:49 AM »
      I've used Ccleaner and it's registry cleaner utility without a single problem for a looooooong time, I highly recommend it.

Quantos

Guru
      • Veni, Vidi, Vici
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #17 on: November 08, 2009, 08:48:08 AM »
      I don't recommend cleaning your registry, unless you know what you are looking for and cleaning out of it.  This can cause problems.
      Evil is an exact science.

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #18 on: November 08, 2009, 08:26:36 PM »
      I don't recommend cleaning your registry, unless you know what you are looking for and cleaning out of it.  This can cause problems.
      I agree as general statement about using registry cleaners.  I do not agree when it comes to CCleaner.  It's safe.  That's why it's often recommended in computing forums and why it has so many satisfied users. 

cintari

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2009, 06:34:19 AM »
      NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

I do not recommend ANY of these so called Registry Cleaners. The registry is a very fragile part of Windows, and any error made could lead to program errors, or worse, a BSOD. They are not worth the risk they pose on your system.

Unless you are getting specific Registry errors while you run windows, there is no reason to 'clean it.' You will not notice any specific preformance gain. Kepp your temp files clean, delete bulk history, and upgrade your RAM if you need to so your competer doesn't use the Swapfile so much. But don't try to run a Registry cleaner. It is not necessary, and the risk is NOT worth it.   

Nonsense, I find it works quite well to clean out junk files on my computer. In addition, I use it to manage my startup, and to add/remove programs from my system. I highly recommend it. ;D

Allan

• Mastermind
      « Reply #20 on: November 20, 2009, 06:46:47 AM »
      Nonsense, I find it works quite well to clean out junk files on my computer. In addition, I use it to manage my startup, and to add/remove programs from my system. I highly recommend it. ;D
      While your recommendation is certainly appreciated, the disagreement in this thread is regarding the registry cleaner module - and ccleaner's is no better than any other. They do nothing useful and some are potentially very harmful.

Quantos

Guru
      • Veni, Vidi, Vici
        • Yes
        • Yes
      « Reply #21 on: November 20, 2009, 09:07:47 PM »
      While your recommendation is certainly appreciated, the disagreement in this thread is regarding the registry cleaner module - and ccleaner's is no better than any other. They do nothing useful and some are potentially very harmful.

Exactly, never clean your registry unless you know exactly what you are cleaning and why.  Doing anything else is simply silly, and will lead to problems - it's not a case of if, it's a case of when.
      Evil is an exact science.