Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer is acting up, man!  (Read 2363 times)

jada1985

Topic Starter

Starter

Computer is acting up, man!
    « on: October 28, 2009, 12:34:38 PM »
    Hi all!.

Here is the rundown. I was working on my computer and this error "windows - No disk" kept popping up so I changed the letters on the drives like various sites told me to but the error kept coming back. So after I changed the letters my computer began acting funny, but it was working.  A day later the computer screen went froze and black with all these squares or pixilations on it so I unplugged the power cord because it wouldn't shut off.

When I started it up again the computer asked if I wanted to start normally or in safe mode etc... After I click a mode the black windows scroll load screen comes up but then then a blue screen flashes then the computer restarts. It's the same screen that say that windows shut down because of an error. That there might be a corruption or lack of space. It won't get to the logon screen. At the bottom of the screen says something about pci.sys?

I want to format it but I NEED the data on the drive first. I am only able to get on the computer because I switched in a hard drive with less capacity on it. Everytime I try to hook up the old hard drive and this current hard drive at the same time the computer gives a loud continuous beep and the computer freezes.

Please help me!!!!!! I have financial data on the old drive. I want to get off.

Computer_Commando

Hacker
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Computer is acting up, man!
    « Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 12:52:30 PM »
    ...Please help me!!!!!! I have financial data on the old drive. I want to get off.
    Where's your backup for this important data?

jada1985

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 07:13:25 PM »
      Where's your backup for this important data?

I was actually starting to do that when it crashed

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 08:11:14 PM »

jada1985

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 02:44:42 AM »
        How to Slave a Hard Drive: http://www.dtidata.com/resourcecenter/2007/04/23/how-to-slave-hard-drive/

Wow. Thanks I'm going to try this! How do you guys find these sites? Thanks again

Allan

• Mastermind
        • Experience: Guru
        « Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 05:38:14 AM »
        Wow. Thanks I'm going to try this! How do you guys find these sites? Thanks again
        Google. Try it sometime ;)