Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: VISTA security issue  (Read 2538 times)

jhay_e03

Topic Starter

Intermediate

VISTA security issue
    « on: October 29, 2009, 11:22:39 AM »
    Hi guys, Im using Windows Vista Business in our office and Im connected to a shared printer through network but there is a problem, I cant print everytime I restart my PC. I tried to [Test Print] and the error message was

so the only way to connect to the printer is to reconnect my pc to the host printer by installing the necessary driver, that is the only time i can able to print again.

At first, I thought that the problem was with the printer driver but I found out that one of my officemate can print even if she restarted her PC and she can print with no error or problem. we have the same PC and OS.
    I think there is a difference between the two PC security settings. When I first encountered this situation and tried to connect to the host printer there's a dialog box like this

note: We can connect to the PC even if we enter only the username [no password then enter] and when inputing username it can connect to the printer without the need of installing the printer driver. On the other hand, no dialog box appears and easily enables the connection to the host printer even when restarting the PC. But that makes it more tedious i will always need to open the host computer and the login screen to print a document. Most likely is has to do with vista sharing permission but i dont know where?

How can we solve this kind of issue?!

We are using LENOVO ThinkCentre M58 with windows vista business OS.
    thank you in advance.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: VISTA security issue
    « Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 01:33:57 PM »
    Your post is hard to understand.

Do you have three computers in a local network?
    Are all the PCs running the same version of Windows?
    Does the printer hool directly to the network?
    Is this a wireless network?
    Are you using a router, hub or switch?
    How many users are there?
    Do all users have normal permissions on all computers?

The error message you show is when a user is not know to the host machine.
    In some cases this shows when there is another kind of problem.
    But it is most of the time a security question. The network does not know who you are.

jhay_e03

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Re: VISTA security issue
      « Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 05:35:31 AM »
      Do you have three computers in a local network? nope, we have multiple pc in local network.

Are all the PCs running the same version of Windows? - yup, we are using windows vista

Does the printer hool directly to the network? -yup
      Is this a wireless network? - nope.

Are you using a router, hub or switch? - we using hub or switch in every division

How many users are there? - i think more than 12 users in our division

Do all users have normal permissions on all computers? - yup

i think this is all about the settings of vista that we have to modify.
      this is not printer issue anymore. this is all bout vista security