Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Motherboard Problem  (Read 2064 times)

CJcunningham

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Motherboard Problem
    « on: November 01, 2009, 08:54:41 PM »
    Hello,

I'm a beginner who recently took to trying to build my own computer.  I have the case, power unit, motherboard, CPU, and memory all installed correctly.  Now, my first problem is that when I start my computer, the blue light and the fans go on, but the speaker that came with my case doesn't beep(at all), and I can't use the power button to turn my computer back off.  The fan on the CPU is spinning, the case fan spins, but there is no message from my speaker.  Secondly, when the machine first starts up, the keyboard lights all flash once, and then they go dark.  Is this more of a motherboard problem or a CPU issue.  Or is it the memory?  I'm new to this and I figured this forum is my best shot at help seeing as how real customer service is a dead art form.  Any ideas?  Am I missing something?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

iamtonsoffun247

Apprentice

Re: Motherboard Problem
      « Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 09:49:31 PM »
      Well first off, the keyboard lights are supposed to all light up and then go off, thats usually normal. Do you see anything on the screen? You didnt mention any GPU.

CJcunningham

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 09:53:15 PM »
        I'm using a RealtekHD Radeon 4650, but its not being picked up by the motherboard.  So when I hook up my monitor its telling me that there's no signal.  I guess I could be missing something, I'm hoping its me and not the machine.  Thanks for the reply by the way.

iamtonsoffun247

Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 09:57:53 PM »
          Now, do you hear the HDD spinning at all? Also I may be wrong but i know on my desktop I never get a beep from the internal speaker.

CJcunningham

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2009, 10:03:17 PM »
            yeah, it sounded as tho it was.  Is the video card incompatible?  Does it matter that it turns on but not off?

CJcunningham

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2009, 10:04:50 PM »
              its a Gigabyte790xt MB by the way.  So unfortuantely no built in video.  I really appreciate your trying to help by the way.

iamtonsoffun247

Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2009, 10:09:12 PM »
                Looks like a similar issue here:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=300409

maybe it isnt the same.  Were you ever able to get any kind of screen to display? Ever update the bios? You might want to uninstall and then reinstall the GPU.  ALso with the computer not turning off, what do you mean? Like you hold down the power button for a couple seconds and it wont turn off?

And no problem for helping you out. I will try my best, im just not an expert lol

CJcunningham

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2009, 10:23:34 PM »
                  No screen displays, can't get to BIOS, and thats exactly the issue with the power button.  I'm thinking its an MB, CPU, or RAM issue.  Its strange tho, because I feel as thos everything is working, it just isnt picking up my video card.  I'm going to try and bring it to a buddy at work tommorow to see if they can see wat the problem is, although I would rather try to fix it myself.  The whole learning exprience thing.  Anyway I've got to get some sleep for now.  Can I contact you again in the future if the problem is still around?  Thanks for your help too at such a late hour.

iamtonsoffun247

Apprentice

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2009, 10:25:42 PM »
                    Yea no problem.  Feel free to message me on here. Let me know any updates.