Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Unplugged Cable Error but Computer to Computer fine.  (Read 2122 times)

Wildhunt

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Unplugged Cable Error but Computer to Computer fine.
    « on: November 02, 2009, 07:08:59 PM »
    I am sorry, I know there are heaps of threads on the Unplugged Cable error but I have tried everything in those threads.

I am running an AMD Athlon 4000+ with Win XP.

I have 2 computers connected to a multi input modem and both were running fine. One morning the XP machine started giving me the Cable Unplugged error. I have done the usual: Unplugged everything, changed cables, tested cables on other machines, changed ports, used ports with other computers and unistalled hardware and reinstalled.

The weird thing is that if I connect the 2 PCs directly, it works as does connecting it to my xbox with a cable. I tried my ISP provider but they could not help. I thought it would be the network card (4-5 years old) but then it wouldn't work PC to PC would it?

Please help.
    « Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 08:05:07 PM by Wildhunt »

freakinerick

Beginner
      Re: Unplugged Cable Error but Computer to Computer fine.
      « Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 08:34:45 PM »

try to use other network card first.

does two ligths are on?

did you check if there are power in your modem?

did you try to change the modem too?

if it is connected in peer to peer
      then  it looks like  you are using cable which is for peer to peer connection. check your cable are cross over type wiring use a straigth-through wiring if you are trying to connect in hub/router.
      « Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 08:54:24 PM by freakinerick »
      em tryin' hard to be programmer
      and i need you to teach me sensei..