Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: LAN media converter for TV connection or Network cable?  (Read 5455 times)

wolfman

Topic Starter

Intermediate

LAN media converter for TV connection or Network cable?
    « on: November 14, 2009, 01:27:23 PM »
    I have a new Sony Blu Ray home theater that I am trying to connect to my home network. I assume this is how Netflix will send movies, etc. I have a Linkys wired/wireless router. The manual says to gowith a Ethernet/wireless LAN media converter if going wireless or a network cable if not. I'm not sure what this media converter is? I also bought 50 ft of Belkin network cable which I could also use (up to 1000MBps). Now I have heard that to get good quality and HD, you have to go with better more specifuc parts. So what should I use? Thanks

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: LAN media converter for TV connection or Network cable?
    « Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 03:41:26 PM »
    wolfman.
    We want to help you, but not very many here have inside story.
    You want is more than just a download the takes a few hours. You want HDTV quality movies  delivered over the internet almost instantly.

Netflix is doing this, but it is new and has some big problems.
    Sorry I can not help. Bit take a look at this:
    Neil Hunt, Chief Product Officer at Netflix, posted an update on the Netflix Blog about the streaming problems facing some customers
    http://www.hackingnetflix.com/2009/03/do-you-have-netflix-streaming-problems.html

The blog post  is over six months ago, but other links there can give you the latest status of the new Netflix instant movie project.