Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows Installer Service  (Read 3080 times)

HypercamJ

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Oops =0
    Windows Installer Service
    « on: November 26, 2009, 09:54:06 PM »
    It all started with a simple iTunes installation problem this evening. Since the Apple Software Update mechanism kept failing to download the new version of iTunes I downloaded it from my other computer and transferred it over via a flash drive. I tried to execute the Installer but after about 3 seconds a windows pops up saying "The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if you are running Windows in safe mode, or if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance." I tried everything I found to fix this including an attempt to reinstall the Windows Installer from the MS Support site but nothing is working. Also, I tried twice to do a system restore but each time it failed to do the restore. I really think malware isn't the problem here but I'm not declaring any facts. By the way, the machine I'm trying to fix is an HP running 64-bit Vista.
    All help is appreciated.
    ╔░░░░░░░░╗
    _Hypercam⌡_
    ╚░░░░░░░░╝

btb57

Rookie

Re: Windows Installer Service
      « Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 10:53:33 PM »
      open the start menu and type services, then click on the program "Services". Scroll down until you see the service named "Windows Installer" insure that this is set to startup type manual or automatic.