Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: OUTLOOK BACK UP  (Read 6144 times)

Jeffrey

Topic Starter

Beginner

OUTLOOK BACK UP
    « on: December 12, 2009, 02:23:13 PM »
    I recently successfully backed up my Outlook data to a memory stick (for the first time). However, when I now open up Outlook, I get three dialogue boxes:

"This information service has not been configured. Select an existing file to configure or type the name of a new file to create"

A "create/open personal folders file" which shows outlook pst in its window.

"Properties for this information service must be defined prior to use"

I click OK for each and can then access and use Outlook as normal. However, this is a nuisance!

Is there any way I can remove these dialogue boxes so I can go straight into Outlook?

I have been told that it is possible to delete these via Data Management File which  can be accessed via Outlook File menu. But my drop down File menu does not contain this option.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: OUTLOOK BACK UP
    « Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 02:43:26 PM »
    It sounds as though you moved the .pst file rather than copy it.

Jeffrey

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 03:01:54 PM »
      Thanks - but what do I do to get rid of these dialogue boxes?

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 03:06:03 PM »
      Close Outlook and copy the Outlook.PST file back to the computer. If you copy it to the default location then Outlook will open normally. If you put it somewhere else you'll have to go to Outlook - Data File Management - Data Files and browse to the .pst file.