Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: root file  (Read 9015 times)

ubermensch

Rookie

Re: root file
    « Reply #15 on: January 06, 2010, 10:07:55 PM »
    yo junk needs to look something like the attached image.

Note, /home is superfluous, but swap is recommended. Notice the /. That is your root partition. It is absolutely required.

Salmon Trout

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2010, 12:20:08 AM »
    fixed that for you unter ubermensch

note, OP, that / means "root" (which is what you were lacking).

ubermensch

Rookie

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2010, 12:26:30 AM »
      did I do something wrong...? Directly linking to an image on a non-image hosting site? my bad. just something I saw on a google image search for "ubuntu manual partitioning"
      « Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 12:39:11 AM by ubermensch »

Salmon Trout

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2010, 12:38:04 AM »
      did I do something wrong...? Directly linking to an image on a non-image hosting site? my bad. just something I saw on a google image search for "ubuntu manual partitioning"

No, you didn't do anything wrong, it's just that I thought it would be more useful to see the image you intended, rather than Serenux's "Don't hotlink!" png

ubermensch

Rookie

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2010, 12:38:55 AM »
        oh haha, I had the original cached and didn't realize what was happening.

P.S. Salmon, I'm still not a Nazi, just an existentialist and an objectivist. Would it make you feel better if I created a new account, Mr Trout? I will, sir. Just for you, man. Cuz yer my buddy.