Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ive been having a problem with my hardware  (Read 2568 times)

googlesomething

ive been having a problem with my hardware
« on: December 19, 2009, 01:50:09 PM »
since i built my computer in stutters while playing video.but since updating to windows 7 its unbearable it makes my recorded tv files stutters with my 360 as a extender. sometime it will go to a blue screen and sometimes it will go black and come back on saying the driver for your nvidia graphics card stop responding.so im fed up with this problem and i want to bring a end to it all.the steps ive already made was replace my graphics card with GeForce GT 220 which didnt help my next step is to take a e5200 that i have new in box for my dedicated mce computer and replace a e8400 to see if its a cpu issue .if that doesnt work then i have a GIGABYTE GA-EP35C-DS3R with a pci express slot problem or something else right? im confused at this point.i do have 1 more thing when i test my power suppy with a a pc/sps tester the only led that is not green is -5v.almost forgot my memory is OCZ Gold Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) when i built my computer this was the first thing i rma thinking this was my problem well no luck there at that point i gave up it wasnt that big of a deal back then but know it is.so please help TIA sorry if i confused you please ask ? if i did

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: ive been having a problem with my hardware
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 03:38:31 PM »
since i built my computer
Any home built computer project is a challenge. Even experienced builders find they come across unexpected problems.
With a manufactured product you have a certain amount of time to test it and be satisfied that it meets with the manufacturers specifications.
So, at this point let's put it this way.
Do you really enjoy building computers and trying new things?
Or would you rather play games and be entertained with programs and systems that of other people put together for you?
Now  ten, if you answered yes to the first question, you will find many, many people here eager to help you resolve the issue at hand. However, they will ask you to try to be very clear and concise in explaining what should have already tried. Most likely, your choice of hardware it is all right. The difficulty lies with the installation of your software and that the appropriate drivers.
So please try to be as clear as possible.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: ive been having a problem with my hardware
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 04:06:12 PM »
Without puncuation all i could do was scan your Post...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "