Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: help i got a virus security tool  (Read 2910 times)

thatcomputer

help i got a virus security tool
« on: December 20, 2009, 12:11:44 AM »
today when i turned on my laptop something poped up called security tools. at first i thought it was cool because it was scanning for viruses but at the end it says to but it. I did some research about it and learned that it is actually a virus.so i restarted my laptop but it didnt go away and then i remembered that i acidentally installed it. so i searched up some removing videos or anything and finally found 1 video on youtube named how to remove security tools manualy so i wathced it and did everything he said and at the very end i delted it then i restarted my computer and i realized that my background picture isnt there. my question is do i still have security tool or not because before when i didnt delete it it also didnt have the background im scared becuase this is a really new laptop that i got with my own money a week ago i dont want to go back and get a new one please help :'(

harry 48

Egghead

• lay back , relax and chill out
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Dribbling Pensioner
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: help i got a virus security tool
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 12:33:57 PM »
http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html

please go to above and complete and post the 3 logs here an expert will look at them

keep the malware , sas and ccleaner in your pc and run weekly