Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: windows 7 prof 64 bit.  (Read 19540 times)

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: windows 7 prof 64 bit.
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2009, 10:30:54 PM »
well you said it could be a faulty motherboard so im putting it to the test... I got another hard drive with XP and im going to see if it resets on me or not. If so i know the problem ( WINDOWS 7) if not you may be right faulty motherboard. i Talked to a few friends with windows 7 and they all said "windows 7 is *censored*"  they all tell me about how it just randomly restarts, and how after a month it just goes to a blue screen. Im starting to think microsoft is screwing us over. personally, Im sick of there new OS. XP was almost perfect  Vista was TERRIBLE and some how they made windows 7 and it is THE WORST OS EVER.... 

Your friends are suffering from "OMGZ! IS DIFFRENT!" syndrome. And if they don't want it to bluescreen they should have read the god *censored* download page that stated it was a evaluation copy.

When XP was released, you know what people thought?

XP sucks *censored*, windows 98SE is the bestest"

I mean, for god's sake, people are flipping out because MS changed the name of "Add/Remove programs" to "programs and features" It's a *censored* of a lot better then calling it "Add/Remove/Modify/Repair Programs", and it's certainly not a problem for somebody who hasn't got into the habit of looking for Add/Remove programs.

And then they *censored* and complain about Aero, using completely uninformed "facts" that don't seem to take into account that people were bitching and complaining about the way windows were drawn on-screen. *censored*, none of the Vista/Windows 7 haters seem to have a big beef with something that is trivially unimportant.

Windows Crashes? That sucks. Maybe you should learn how to maintain your PC, instead of simply trying to delegate the blame to something else. On the other hand, MS wouldn't want your business because a good percentage of the people bitching and complaining would just pirate it anyway. heck, half the people who have it and are complaining are using a pirated copy, and they wonder where all the trojans come from and why it crashes. Some people simply can't add 2+2, and when you need somebody to come along and explain that the problem is really 1+1+1+1, then you know there's a mental barrier to overcome.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

nitelife2989

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #31 on: December 25, 2009, 10:59:45 AM »
    Maintain a PC HA its brand new 2 days old all it has on it is wndows 7. so explain this, if my pc is at fault then why when i put a new HDD in it works with a hitch. Windows XP has faults yes but it didnt restarting on its own till 6 years later. Windows 7 BRAND NEW and restarting on its own. so unless you can come up with a explination (ex. faulty software) then i Blame windows 7 programing. And i Do know how to Maintain and Fix a PC so dont give me that crap. I took My Brothers Pc of 10 years old loaded with viruses and made it run as good as new with out reinstalling windows.

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #32 on: December 25, 2009, 11:16:58 AM »
    Windows 7 BRAND NEW and restarting on its own.
    Mine doesn't.

nitelife2989

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2009, 11:34:54 AM »
      i reinstalled it 6 times so far and it always restarts.... so is there any particular way you did it?

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #34 on: December 25, 2009, 12:41:38 PM »
      I run both the 32bit and 64bit ver. of Win7 on 2 different machines and have zero issues...
      I've also done approx. 25 customer installs and have the same results.

If i missed it i apologise but where is thei Ver. of Win7 from ? ?
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

nitelife2989

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2009, 12:54:31 PM »
        kinda curious why everyone talking crap saying windows 7 is fine and its just the user, then why do none of them have windows 7. i see alot of XP and vista......

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        « Reply #36 on: December 25, 2009, 12:56:39 PM »
        I run both the 32bit and 64bit ver. of Win7 on 2 different machines and have zero issues...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • BC-Programming.com
        « Reply #37 on: December 25, 2009, 04:08:40 PM »
        I upgraded my laptop From 7 to Vista, just so I could tty 7 outside of VMWare (VMWare simply didn't do it justice).

We can narrow it down to your PC simply because YOUR THE ONE WITH THE ISSUE it's pretty easy. and Evidently, since replacing the HD did not fix the problem, it is with your hardware, such as a faulty mobo or other device, or the drivers for said device. (For example- did you install al motherboard drivers and proper video drivers and so forth)

additionally yo usay that your going to put the "faulty motherboard" theory to the test, and then state that somehow, replacing the hard drive will confirm it to be windows 7 if it still has the issue... err, that simply doesn't make sense. when you replace a hard drive, your still using the same motherboard, which, if it has issues, will still have them.

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • Yes
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #38 on: December 25, 2009, 04:24:46 PM »
        i see alot of XP and vista......
        Yes, people put their primary OS in there.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • BC-Programming.com
        « Reply #39 on: December 25, 2009, 04:25:19 PM »
        Yes, people put their primary OS in there.

heh, I'm not even running XP except in a VM. I really should change that...

nitelife2989

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2009, 08:53:16 PM »
          LET ME CLAIRFY FOR EVERYONE.........  FIRST i replaced the HDD and it DID work perfectly, no restarts. The HDD with 7 on it was put in another PC and Failed again and again and again. sick of people acting like you know your  when you dont... if your just going to be a  then please dont post on this paticulay fourm. I am not the only person with this Error.

and thank you very much to thoese of you helping with this issue.

Post edited for content...keep it clean.
          « Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 08:20:04 AM by patio »

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
            • Yes
            • Yes
            • BC-Programming.com
          « Reply #41 on: December 25, 2009, 09:12:56 PM »
          LET ME CLAIRFY FOR EVERYONE.........  FIRST i replaced the HDD and it DID work perfectly, no restarts. The HDD with 7 on it was put in another PC and Failed again and again and again. sick of people acting like you know your *censored* when you dont... if your just going to be a *censored* then please dont post on this paticulay fourm. I am not the only person with this Error.

and thank you very much to thoese of you helping with this issue.

Did the hard drive already have windows 7 installed on it? If so, that's the cause.

you can't just take an HD with a NT variant of Windows installed and put it in another Computer. Well, you <can> but it results in issues, such as those you are experiencing. In this case, it's not the hardware at all, but rather the fact that the configuration of the PC has changed. Normally this results in a prompt for re-activation, too. (although I haven't actually witnessed this with anything after XP).

I just installed A new copy of windows 7 Ultimate to my brothers PC, since I couldn't be bothered to figure out why his copy of Vista Home Premium decided it was no longer genuine. So far so good, just have to restore his small assortment of data files and applications, and he should be good to go.

I can say with some certainty that moving the hard drive with an installed copy of 7 in it might be the cause. Have you done a clean install while the HDD is in the "target" computer?

nitelife2989

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2009, 09:30:32 PM »
            The HDD was brand new and windows 7 was the only software ever put on it (3 days ago). i Downloaded a HDD checker and am checking it for errors maybe ill find something.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
              • Yes
              • Yes
              • BC-Programming.com
            « Reply #43 on: December 25, 2009, 09:39:41 PM »
            Oh: just thought:

you say it fails/restarts; this sounds like it could be a Blue-Screen, but since Windows is configured to restart when this occurs, only the PC restarting is seen.

If it is a BSOD, the data it contains might be helpful- you can disable automatic restart:

1.Right Click My Computer->Properties
            2.Select "advanced System Settings"
            3.select the "Advanced" tab
            4. click the "settings" button in the "Startup and Recovery" area.
            5. one of the checkboxes here should be "automatically restart"- uncheck it. Next time it restarts, if it was a BSOD you will in fact get a BSOD- copy down what it says (namely, the STOP code, and the file causing the issue.)

Another thing to try, is it might have written the events to the eventlog, I'd take a gander in there (well, personally  I'd leave the duck outside hahahahaha) and see if you can find anything relevant. You can get to the eventlog by using Windows key+R and entering "eventvwr.msc" Don't ask how to find it, The new event viewer gives me a headache.   :P

nitelife2989

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2009, 02:21:18 PM »
              Auto restart is off but it still restarts on its own. i looked in the event log and the only critical and consistant error is event 41 kermel-power every time it shut down that paticular error was present. idk if it tell you anything or not.