Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Epson Stylus Pro 4000 Printer  (Read 2149 times)

Carl 1

Topic Starter

Epson Stylus Pro 4000 Printer
    « on: December 29, 2009, 02:46:58 PM »
    The head on my Epson 4000 printer is always plugging, I've had this printer for years and never come up with a good solution for this problem.

I've tried pulling the ink tanks out, and putting empty ones in there place when I'm not printing, but other then doing a print head cleaning, nothing seems to help!

I'm hoping to get in contact with someone, who has this printer and has come up with a solution to this problem.   

truenorth

Guru

Re: Epson Stylus Pro 4000 Printer
      « Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 05:25:14 PM »
      Carl1, That sure is some impressive printer you have. Although i have and still do own many Epson printers i do not own that one. I found the following review of your printer and i note under the information on "configuration" a reference to "clogs" that may have a bearing on your issue. It appears that that function "clearing clogs" is a built in "automatic" thing. So i am wondering if maybe this part of the machine is no longer working for you. truenorth  http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/printers/epson-4000.shtml

Carl 1

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 03:47:26 PM »
        Thank you truenorth, I'll look at that.

I've been looking for a long time for someone with a tip or somekind of a solution to this problem.
        I run a print test everytime before printing, and when I'm done pull the ink tanks and put in empties, hoping that will stop it.
         The tanks for this printer are around $70 per tank, and as good as it is, if your wasting ink, well you understand.
        Carl 1

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
        • Geek After Dark
          • Gekk9pm bnlog
        • Certifications: List
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 04:10:26 PM »
        ...had this printer for years and never come up with a good solution for this problem.
        Try to donate it to a charity.
        Let us know what the say...
        It it is something you can repeat.