Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Post and BIOS not comming up  (Read 11919 times)

dutty

Post and BIOS not comming up
« on: June 10, 2004, 11:00:19 AM »
i just built a pc with a sk8v mobo from asus, amd fx53, 2 sticks of 512 ram, 2 SATA harddrives for RAID 0 ,geforece fx5900. soundblaster auidgy.
When i boot it up for the first time everything runs fine. Thiers a green light on the mobo. all the fans run fine. ext but i don't think it does the Power on self test. I hold delete like the manual says to get into BIOS but nuthing happens, the whole time the monitor is blank. At first i thought because the mobo only takes 1.5v agp cards that mine card was a 3.3 but pny( where i got my card) says all thier cards work in 1.5 or 3.3. DO i have to change anything on the card or is it autmatic? i didn't see any jumpers. but even still the montior is blank, if thier is nuthing going to it then it should have a box that says check signal. so i have no idea whats wrong. any help would be appriciated.

MalikTous

Re: Post and BIOS not comming up
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2004, 09:49:22 PM »
Strip the MB down to mimimum. With a board that has embedded video, remove all expansion cards and connect the monitor to the mainboard video connector. Otherwise leave the video card in but no other cards. Disconnect hard drives and CDROMs. Then try to restart. If it continues to balk, remove all but one RAM stick and try again, then repeat with another RAM stick as you check it with all RAM you have. Note: The PC Speaker should be connected throughout this test. Take note of any beep codes it produces.

If a RAM stick is sour replace it. If it boots to BIOS on the embedded video, you can disable that, then shut it down and reinsert the AGP card. This may take some experimentation until you get a bootable layout.