Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Removed malware and now Internet will not work in Windows 7  (Read 3291 times)

user77

Topic Starter

Rookie

Removed malware and now Internet will not work in Windows 7
    « on: January 18, 2010, 06:42:47 AM »
    I have a HP Dv6226 laptop running Windows 7 Ultimate (Evalution copy Build 7100) which I upgraded a few months back on-line from Window Vista.

I recently got some pop ups that kept flashing me virus alert and whenever i try to run any program it says "Application cannot be executed. The file  **** is infected......." (not even a command prompt or notepad can be opened but with multiple try sometime i get the command prompt but it is ridiculous).

Before looking into this forum i tried Installing MBAM - Malware byte in normal mode, but it blocks it from installing even if I try to rename it before downloading.

Then I google'd and searched this forums and tried the instructions on a couple links. Superantispyware and a couple others were not getting installed at all. I get the installer screen and quickly it vanishes before i can access anything. i tried renaming it with .SCR instead of .exe but still same issue. 

I did luck out finally and succeed in installing hijackthis under the name iexplore.exe. Also my avast anti virys program found nothing after a full scan.

So I succesfully ran hijack this and then removed the following :

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB} - (no file)

Afterword I restarted computer and ran combofix and though I believe it stated compatibility issues with Windows 7 it just started running (I may have hit OK too many times?) So it did its 50 something stage scan then deleted a bunch of files then rebooted the computer.

Upon reboot computer mentions it is missing some sort of .dll file I beleive (it was late and I didnt write down the name ugh) everything seems to be working fine now but the internet signal bar icon shows a big red x through it. It says not connected and no internet connection available. I know my wireless networkis working fine as I confirm that by using my work laptop to connect to my wireless network normally.

When you troubleshoot it (by right clicking on top of icon and slecting troubleshoot problem) it says troubleshooting could not find the problem. However when you view detailed information (by clicking the link at the bottom of the nework diagnostic indow that said it couldn't find the problem). It lists that WLAN autoconfig service could not be started. So then I went to the services list and when I tried to manually start the WLAN autoconfig service, it gave me the following error:

Windows could not start the wlan autoconfig service on local computer error 1075: the dependancy service does not exist or has been marked for deletion

Can someone please help me get me internet working again? I have the log report from combo fix . The last thing I tried is doing a previous restore point but my restore point option was shut off so I don't have a previous restore point. HELP!

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Removed malware and now Internet will not work in Windows 7
    « Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 07:20:22 AM »
    Run your ComboFix log thru Here...

Many new infections cripple the web and block any protection apps from being installed.
    This tool will offer some suggestions you may try but it's best to recieve Expert assistance...
    For that visit our Virus and Spyware section and post what logs you have.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "