Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: os not installing  (Read 2558 times)

centurion_1986

Topic Starter

Starter

os not installing
    « on: January 11, 2010, 11:46:51 PM »
    i have 80gb ide hdd and dvd rom.okay i checked all the bios and other setting ,allis right even bios is detecting hdd but when i try to install any os xp,linux ubuntu 9 they are stopping in between for ex xp is stopping in loading files and same with win7.actually my win xp was crashed before so i want to reinstall.i even used partition magic,gparted but not able to format the partition they are simply not AVAILable .plz help

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: os not installing
    « Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 12:06:43 AM »
    What do you mean you were unable to format >??

Boot to the XP CD...
    Choose the option to delete the existing partition/s

Re-create the partition and continue with the setup.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

centurion_1986

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 11:57:23 AM »
      hello if it was so easy why would i ask buddy

actually my 80 gb is ****** up so i tried on 40 gb which has 20 gb as its raw tried various methods
      tried ease us but in vain
      when i checked my ide 80 gb on laptop it did recognized in bubble but not in compmgmt.msc
      so whats the deal

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 12:07:26 PM »
      First, a little humility wouldn't hurt - you came here for help - we're trying to do that.

Second, I have no idea what you are talking about in your second post, but all you need to do is follow patio's advice. BOOT to the XP CD, delete any existing partitions, recreate it or them, then format and install.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 12:13:46 PM »
      And just so you know you cannot install any Windows OS to a RAW partition...

Sounds like the 40 has issues...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

centurion_1986

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 12:36:26 AM »
        ok hello
        now i will clearly explain my problem
        1. i got 40 gb and 80 gb hdd and both are ide ;40 gb-samsung and 80gb-seagate
        2. 40 gb issue
        when i connect externally 40 gb to my laptop using ide to usb only 20 is shown as ntfs while remaining 20 as raw.Now i  used various utilities like sea tools,easeus etc .but invain cause it takes lot of time,may be mbr is damaged,file paritition is damages ?
        i dont want any data from that 20 gb raw ,how can i easily convert it into ntfs
        gparted,pARTTION magic or windows partition doesnot work.ok thats for sure as thay cannot format raw drives .how can i do it easily?

3.  80 gb issue
        if i connect it externally using ide to usb it aint recognized i.e it is not shown in computer management screen for formatting
        but if i use internally i.e in my ide desktop drive all the os are halting in between
        for ex windows 7 stops while loading files,xp stops while configuration

4.i had my xp crashed before doing this new os installation