Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: No power when laptop is plugged in  (Read 2107 times)

greg046

Topic Starter

No power when laptop is plugged in
    « on: January 24, 2010, 04:11:05 PM »
    I have a Dell Inspiron laptop and I was useing it yesterday with the power cord. I switched rooms and when I came back in the power cord wouldnt work. I used my battery up and the laptop wont work at all. Ive tried different outlets and cords and still the laptop wont even turn on. Any suggestions. The laptop worked fine with the battery so I thinking it has something to do with the electrical connection in the back?

cruisin702

Hopeful

• Yes
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: No power when laptop is plugged in
    « Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 10:18:24 PM »
    Ive tried different outlets and cords and still the laptop wont even turn on.
    Was the different adapter you tried for a Dell laptop identical to yours?

greg046

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 07:01:39 AM »
      Yes I actually bought two adapters a couple months ago when the original one had broke. I ve used them both for awhile and everything was fine.

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 07:30:06 AM »
        You might try wiggling the power connector at the plug on the laptop to see if it's a weak or broken connection inside the laptop, which can happen if you're plugging in / unplugging the power with any regularity.

Alan <><  :D
        I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!