Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cannot log on to Windows XP  (Read 3438 times)

bendres97

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Cannot log on to Windows XP
    « on: February 04, 2010, 07:35:09 PM »
    About a month ago, I started getting a message saying that windows could not find logon.exe. I thought nothing of it, thinking it was not a problem, but now windows has locked me out of my computer. I type my password to log in, and it does the normal logon sound and screen, but then it logs me right back off again. the most it has done is show me my wallpaper, no icons or start menu. My mom's IT worker says that it has to do with that file. we are all looking for a solution, but does anybody know how to fix it for a low price?

PS I cannot start my computer in safe mode and i do not have the windows xp disk or a floppy drive, so don't give me that stuff, please.

nguyengiangit

Starter

Re: Cannot log on to Windows XP
      « Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 08:11:35 PM »
      1. Cause: Because viruses, Spyware, Troyand edit or delete entries in the Userinit registry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ Winlogon
      . 2. Handling:
      * First you try to scan and kill virus before. You can use the boot from Dos to scan (in Hiren's boot disk scanning programs, should Mcafree to scan first, then scan again with F-Prot) or remove the hard drive attached to another machine to scan.
      * Search for the right to edit Regitry:
      Right in the registry that is:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ Winlogon
      Userinit entry is as follows
      Value: Userinit
      Data:% Windir% \ System32 \ Userinit. exe,. Where% Windir% \ is a directory of your installation Winodws. Usually C: \ Windows \ System32 \ Userinit. exe,
      Please note: a sign, at the end.

In case of lost deleted virus called Userinit string, you automatically regenerate another by: right click, select New-> String Value. Change its name into Userinit, and then Double Click on it and type the correct path to the Userinit. exe in the Value data nhé. For example usually as follows:
      C: \ Windows \ System32 \ Userinit. exe,

3. By adding Regitry from DOS:
      There are many ways to edit the registry from DOS use the Hiren's BootCD, WinBuilder, Bart's PE Builder, miniPE ... In short how to use even more of our primary purpose is to edit the Registry is
      . Left to right above.

In this article I guide you to manipulate with the rescue was made from Bart's PE Builder (eg PE Windows XP, Windows Server 2003-foot limit).

PE booting from your disk, interface as follows:

Choose Go -> Run -> and type Regedit to open Registry

However, this is a Registry Registry of PE (the windows on the CD, not the machine you need to edit). So, to fix the computer registry, you must carry load.

In Registry Editor, click on the branch you need to edit and click on the File menu \ Load hive and then choose File representing combinations to edit the Registry Software, Sam, Security ... the combination is usually located in C: \ Windows \ System32 \ Config
      For example, in this case we need to change the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE branch is selected, then the menu File -> Load Hive

Look in you in the path to: C: \ Windows \ System32 \ Config. We need to edit the Registry should we choose Software Software and click Open. The system will ask what is Key Name: This is not important, what you put also. List examples. Then in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE will have a new category called KeyName you've set. This corresponds to the Software section on the need to correct. You here to conduct the Registry right back to the above mentioned.

After you complete Click the Load Lock her up and then emerged at the File menu, choose to remove Hive unload.

Then you reboot and run windows on your machine. Phenomenon "to then strike out" is no longer available.

Baslim

Starter

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 09:19:00 PM »
        I'm having the same problem... And
        I don't understand what the guy above me was saying

jkolak

Hopeful
          « Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 01:51:58 AM »
          In the absence of technical skills to follow the instructions, it would be easiest to borrow an XP Retail disk (of the same version, i.e. Home, Professional, etc) and run a Repair Install from the CD boot menu.

bendres97

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 02:57:10 PM »
            Ok, I cannot logon at all, so I can't run regedit or anything. I am looking for a disk that i could boot from so i can access the files and replace the file. Or, if i restore, can i still keep my filds? (pictures, music, video)

jkolak

Hopeful
              « Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 08:19:41 PM »
              That's what a Repair Install does.

nguyengiangit

Starter

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 09:29:46 PM »

nguyengiangit

Starter

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 09:32:24 PM »
                  Ok, I cannot logon at all, so I can't run regedit or anything. I am looking for a disk that i could boot from so i can access the files and replace the file. Or, if i restore, can i still keep my filds? (pictures, music, video)

Hi, mình nghĩ bạn nên tìm trên google hoặc có thể download tại đây
                  http://www.brothersoft.com/downloads/windows-pe.html

bendres97

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2010, 10:54:48 AM »
                    So, that link is for basically downloading a windows xp disk? Does it do Home Edition?

patio

• Genius
                    • Maud' Dib
                      • Yes
                    • Experience: Beginner
                    « Reply #9 on: February 06, 2010, 11:00:46 AM »
                    There is no XP disc at that link as it would have been removed.
                    There is no legal DLoad of XP.
                    I suggest borrowing an XP CD to do the repairs...this would be legal.
                    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "