Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Difficulty pasting text to Roxio creator 2010 Pro CD booklet panels.  (Read 2384 times)

netkwaker

Does anyone have some inside info or some other idea about how to paste text from Microsoft Works/Word documents or word processor (wps files) to the CD Booklet panels in Roxio's Creator 2010 Pro software? I am trying to complete a music/documentary project intended as a gift to many of my professional friends that contains 20 music tracks, and has detailed track-by-track notes on the production of each song. The total amount of text material I'm trying to input requires the creation of a 12-page booklet. This project is actually the sixth in a series I began nearly ten years ago on my old computer, using the old Adaptec software that was in there. This older software not only allowed me to paste text, but photos and clipart, and shrink everything to sizes that fit the booklet pages. Only text goes into this project; but I'm having absolutely no luck doing the same thing with the new software. Every attempt I've made to copy text sections I'd like to paste seems to meet the same problem--when I go back to the Roxio side and pull down the "edit' menu, "paste" doesn't light up--it's as if the Roxio software has no idea I've copied something to the clipboard. I've poured fruitlessly looking for my answer in the user guide; got nothing out of the software's numerous tutorials (none of which dealt with my problem); and got simply a terse answer from Roxio's online help ("text is text"). I've been forced to email the notes in their original form to one of my principal contributors--who has written a book on the secrets of the studio and in fact once worked for Sir George Martin. I'm a broadcaster myself; and I've always tried to do projects like this at the highest level I'm capable of--given my relative lack of computer saavy. So here I am with a two-week-old computer, the new Windows 7 OS, and top-of-the-line software (which you've got to buy separately and ain't cheap) that I thought WOULD NOT give me this type of problem. I can only think there has to be either a non-support problem somewhere or there's some subtle trick I don't know about that will help me get around this problem. That contributor I've mentioned in this piece has also recommended I try this approach in this site. Anyone have an idea on how I can fix this problem and finally get this project finished?