Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HDD with Vista installed?  (Read 5304 times)

alexma

Topic Starter

Beginner

Re: HDD with Vista installed?
    « Reply #15 on: February 11, 2010, 09:06:35 AM »
    To update you all, I decided to put it in my ext.USB  HDD case to explore it. First it was not recognised then Win asked if I wanted to 'Check disc & repair any bad sectors' so I did. This could not be carried out,after waiting 2 hours, then the result 'Too many bad sectors' I then d/loaded WDs diagnostic tool, with the same result. In for a penny etc, I decided to 'Write '0's to it..... Now nothing at all 'Dead!' So it is now consigned to the bin! You live & learn... especially by your mistakes ie, 'Don't buy used HDDs'. Just an observation here, I have noticed new IDE/Pata, HDDs are much more expensive now than they were, up to double the price of SATA drives, anyone know why? Anyway, thanks for all the help, Guys. Best Wishes Alexma
    Finding a grub in your apple, is not as bad as finding half a grub in..........

jkolak

Hopeful
      Re: HDD with Vista installed?
      « Reply #16 on: February 11, 2010, 11:37:49 AM »
      When I tried to buy some after a power supply failure destroyed 3 of mine, the store said they are not the current technology and not stocked anymore. They had to call a few of their other locations to find them for me. And, yes, I did have to pay more for them than the price of a SATA drive.

You can still find bargains on them at places like http://www.surpluscomputers.com