Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Outlook Email Problem  (Read 2816 times)

Haynesey

Outlook Email Problem
« on: April 26, 2007, 04:07:56 AM »
Can anyone help me please.

After all being well for many years, Outlook has recently started putting received new emails into the wrong folders and not the ones that have been set up by me.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks,

Paul.

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Outlook Email Problem
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 11:30:04 AM »
It's likely one of your Outlook rules are improperly setup and moving the mail to the wrong folder. I suggest reviewing each of your rules to make sure this is the case.

I'm not sure which version of Outlook you're using. But in Outlook 2000 you can find information about setting up rules on the below document.
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000781.htm
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

Haynesey

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 11:35:44 AM »
I have the 2002 version.

It is not just one rule that seems to be messed up but all of them are being sent to different folders.

This appears to have happened over night and has been doing it for the past 2 weeks.

I will look at your document thank you in case it is similar for me to do.

Thanks for the reply, I'll let you know how I get on.

Paul.

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 11:58:50 AM »
Ok thanks for the follow up. Additionally in your rules you may want to choose the option to stop processing any future rules, as it may be that multiple rules are confusing other rules.
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein