Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: TROUBLE UNINSTALLING FROM ADD/REMOVE; Error code 2753 updater.api-NON-OPT  (Read 4459 times)

pb3046

Topic Starter

Rookie

I am having problems uninstalling from the Add/Remove Programs. I get this error message, then fatal error. Adobe Acrobat 8.0 is showing 151 MB, and I have deleted the files manually. When I google this error code, I cannot find anywhere that this code comes up with updater.api-NON-OPT.

I had trouble removing Paper Port 9.0 before and the error message came up as msi script too old or something like that. I used the disk to repair it, but it still is not correct. I need to take it off because any disk I put in to install something, it tries to install Paper Port.

Also I put on Advanced Installer by mistake and I get the same message as Adobe above when I try to remove it.

Can anyone help? I do run Eusing registry cleaner and Ccleaner regularly.I'm running Windows XP and the Firefox browser. My question is

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Try the Adobe Forums...seems like this is not an uncommon bug...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

khare_mahesh

Try the Adobe Forums...seems like this is not an uncommon bug...

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    I wonder what the above quote is supposed to mean...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "