Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: saving video url's  (Read 2775 times)

saint_hades

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• She's nearly ready
    saving video url's
    « on: June 16, 2007, 12:33:23 PM »
    Hi.
    I'm an animator (2d and trying to learn 3d but my computer is crap), and moolt.com says I should trace trailers and other thing's.
    So a wanted to know if there is any way of saving url's because most trailer's are on window's media play (for example) but not to download(like with TV.com. I know how to get the url but not how to save the file it's self.
    Thanks
    Computer Specs
    Motherboard - Nforce 780i xfx CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E6600  Hard drive - 120GB RAM - Geil DDR2 2GBx2 BLACK DRAGON Graphics Card - XFX 8800GTX PSU - Gigabyte 800w GT

mundesley

Re: saving video url's
    « Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 12:41:00 PM »
    Sometimes you can right click on the link and select "Save Target As..", and this will download the movie to your hard drive.

saint_hades

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• She's nearly ready
      « Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 02:46:41 AM »
      Sometimes you can right click on the link and select "Save Target As..", and this will download the movie to your hard drive.

That's the first thing I did.
      I just get the link to the site.
      I can't import links to thing's like Adobe Premiere. Or other programmes.
      But thank's for trying to help.

PS does any one know were you can download music videos.
      Thank's.
      Computer Specs
      Motherboard - Nforce 780i xfx CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E6600  Hard drive - 120GB RAM - Geil DDR2 2GBx2 BLACK DRAGON Graphics Card - XFX 8800GTX PSU - Gigabyte 800w GT

reaper_tbs

Apprentice

• Yes
        • Google
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 03:20:17 AM »
      you can download music videos with torrents or p2p (if you're willing to download such software), otherwise i just randomly search google, or go to www.ebaumsworld.com

for downloading/''borrowing without permission'' videos from certain sites, i'vebeen able to use the cached files to get the videos, if the format won't work, a cache converter program might (i don't remember any but i'm sure you'll be able to google for one). otherwise... i don't know  ;D

all in all... google's pretty useful  :P
      Computer Hope

If I don't reply, I'm probably out returning videotapes.

Favorius

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 09:22:03 PM »
      There is a program called URL Snooper that can show all media files that are streaming from online. But there is a bug in it that causes it to shut your computer down sometimes (it happened twice to me and then it stopped) and I really have no idea what causes it or how to stop it, it could all be random as far as I know. But anyway, after installing it, select the show only Media Files option thing (try the simplified view first and see if that works).

http://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/urlsnooper/