Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Bose Companion 5 USB speakers Choppy/Stop Working  (Read 3656 times)

NoBogui

Topic Starter

Starter

Bose Companion 5 USB speakers Choppy/Stop Working
    « on: August 27, 2008, 07:39:18 PM »
    Ok for anyone who likes to solve nigh impossible problems, have a shot at this one. I've scoured hundreds of websites, uninstalled, reinstalled, you name it, I've done it. Here it is:

I've got a set of Bose Companion 5 USB speakers. When I plug them in, they work but the sound is choppy. However, if I open the Internet or other programs, they stop working. They work fine on other computers (Vista Laptop, XP x64 Desktop) but on my XPS1710 they experience the above symptoms. I listed my computer specs at the bottom

Thanks for any help,

-NoBogui

Dell XPS 1710
    Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit
    Nvidia GeForce Go 7950 GTX
    2 GB Total Memory
    1 GB Available Memory
    Intel Core 2 CPU T7400 @ 2.16GHz
    PBS DVD+-RW DS-8W1P ATA Device

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Bose Companion 5 USB speakers Choppy/Stop Working
    « Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 03:14:21 AM »
    Is this a recent problem?

If it is, try System Restore and restoring the computer to a few days before the problem.
    More info on System Restore here:
    http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000589.htm

killerb255

Adviser
      • Experience: Expert
      Re: Bose Companion 5 USB speakers Choppy/Stop Working
      « Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 03:33:27 PM »
      Apparently, several people with Bose Companion 5s are having problems in Vista.

Then again, it might also have to do with USB power/bandwidth.

How many other USB devices do you have plugged into your PC?  If you have a lot, then purchase a USB PCI card and plug ONLY the BOSE into that.
      Quote from: talontromper
      Part of the problem is most people don't generally deal with computer problems. So for most they think that close enough is good enough.