Name: Douglas Carl Engelbart
Born: January 30, 1925 in Portland, Oregon, USA
Computer related contributions
- Invented the computer mouse.
- Talked about and demonstrated the concepts of hypertext on NLS in 1968.
- Helped with the development of a GUI while at Xerox PARC.
- Bootstrapping: Douglas Engelbart, Coevolution, and the Origins of Personal Computing.
Honors and awards
- National Medal of Technology
- Lemelson-MIT Prize
- Turing Award
- Lovelace Medal
- Norbert Wiener Award for Social and Professional Responsibility
- Fellow Award
- Computer History Museum
Related computer pioneers
"The digital revolution is far more significant than the invention of writing or even of printing."