Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Youtube to a CD or DVD  (Read 3383 times)

hockeysticks

Topic Starter

Beginner

Youtube to a CD or DVD
    « on: February 17, 2010, 09:55:35 PM »
    A while back I posted and learned the best ways to save Youtube videos to my hard drive.  I recently used the keepvid software and it worked well by saving it in MPG4 format.  However, I would like to be able to burn it to a CD and put it on my MP3 player.  It seemed like that wasn't possible unless I change the format again.  Any advice as to what to do?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Youtube to a CD or DVD
    « Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 10:57:52 PM »
    Yes, if you can get the video to run as a MP4 you can put it on a player like the iPod naano. Also, or similar player made by Coby and others.

Your player documentation should indicate winch, if any video formats it can use. Of course it has to be a player with a LCD scree! Such players should come with their own file management software.

If you do not have the right software, please give some more details. Can it play AVI format? Does it only play AMV. Does it have a small sample file on it? What format?
    Is it  AMV?  Did you Google AMV format? Oh-Oh. Don't bother with the top sites that tell you have to do  AMV. I guess they paid Google some bucks to put them on the top of the list. All are interesting, but a waste of time.

There is infomercial software out there can can convert anything to anything. But you do not have to use any of them if you don't want to shell out $40 just to use a player that may have cost that much or ever less!

Please provide details and I, or someone else here, will direct you to places where you can get freeware that will do a good jog of format conversion.

Of course you can just on trying  Google. But it may take you a week to find the ones that are worth the effort. Some of use here have already done that.

But if your play does AVI you have it easy. Converting MP4 to AVI is easy.And you can burn DVDs from AVI and MP4 and some other formats. But not AMV.

hockeysticks

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 12:25:12 AM »
      Thank you very much for your reply to my post.  The keepvid program works well for downloading music videos to my PC. 

At this point, I am not interested in the video, just the audio.  When using the keepvid program, it gives me the following options:

›› Download ‹‹  (FLV - Low Quality)

›› Download ‹‹  (FLV - Medium Quality)

›› Download ‹‹  (FLV - High Quality)

›› Download ‹‹  (MP4 - High Quality)

I selected the MP4 option.  However, I want to burn it onto a CD.  What format do I need to use (MP4 won't work) and how can I do it?  I hope iot won't cost anything...

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 01:40:42 PM »
      OK, Ignore what I said in the first post. I thought you wanted to send Video to the MP3 player.

Doing a Burn to a Audio CD is not so hard. There are a number of programs to do that. This is one that has been around for awhile. Give it a try.
      http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm

If you want to search Google for more, use the keywords "Burn p Audio CD" and find lots more like it. Also use "Rip Audio CD" for the reverse and find programs that do both.

Windows Media Player will also burn audio CDs. I just am not keen on using WMP unless I have to.. There is something about it I don't like. Hard to explain.

James1431997

Beginner

• Yes
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 02:08:52 PM »
      If you just want the audio, you need to get the file in an mp3 format. There are several tools to do that, though as it seems your downloader only supports flv and mp4. Then to burn a CD, I'd follow geek 9pm's advice unless you already have some software installed for burning audio disks.

hockeysticks

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 06:53:16 PM »
        OK, Ignore what I said in the first post. I thought you wanted to send Video to the MP3 player.

Doing a Burn to a Audio CD is not so hard. There are a number of programs to do that. This is one that has been around for awhile. Give it a try.
        http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm

Thanks for the useful info.  The only thing is that on the site you've recommended, there are several different download options and I'm not sure which one is appropriate for what I need!  Please advise.

Thanks again.