Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: outlook email  (Read 4588 times)

49kingfisher

Topic Starter

Starter

outlook email
    « on: February 19, 2010, 05:29:34 AM »
    how do i get outlook email to automatically allow myob to send emails. every time i tell myob to send emails for all accounts paid outlook asks for permission for each email separately. also, outlook doesnt send the emails until i open it up myself. can it just automatically do it.

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: outlook email
    « Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 07:24:26 AM »
    You're assuming we know what myob is.  If it's not MYOB accounting software, then please state what it is so that there's no confusion here, and state exactly what version you have. 

Also, please explain how you believe MYOB is supposed to interact with Outlook.  Apparently, you think you should be able to tell MYOB you want to send an email or emails to certain client(s) and Outlook should handle that without you opening Outlook.  Is that right? 

49kingfisher

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 03:21:33 PM »
      the myob is myob accounting software current version. i am wondering if i can tell outlook to accept all emails trying to be sent by myob. i tell myob to automatically sent emails to all clients and outlook opens a pop up asking if this is ok. i answer yes and it allows the 1st email to proceed to outbox in outlook. then myob trys to send the the second email and outlook asks me the same question again and so on and so on. can i go into tools for outlook and tell it to allow myob to deposit emails into its outbox. and.......    then can i flick a switch to tell outlook to open up ans send or receive automatically any time there is something to be sent or received...........    maybe not but i reckon it should be able to do it

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 03:57:52 PM »
      Well, regarding receiving, I believe you must open Outlook. I know of no way to set Outlook to automatically open when you have email waiting to be received.  Same for sending if you're creating a new message in Outlook.

Regarding the possibility of Outlook automatically opening and sending email emanating from MYOB, I don't know the answer but I think it would depend on whether MYOB developers can implement that kind of interaction between MYOB and Outlook.  And, even if there's a way to have Outlook automatically send multiple messages emanating from MYOB, I would guess this might depend on a setting in Outlook.  I'm looking at Outlook 2003 here.  If you open Tools, Options, and select the Mail Setup tab, is the box for "Send immediately when connected" checked? 

You might also post your question at http://myobforum.infopop.cc/eve

49kingfisher

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 05:13:55 PM »
        thanks soybean. yes it is set to send automatically. and thanks for the link. i will give it a whirl. again, thank you