Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My printer crashes my computer!  (Read 3171 times)

originalbaron

My printer crashes my computer!
« on: July 04, 2005, 10:35:00 AM »
Hello sorry this is my first post here and I hope I am in the correct area. Now I have a problem with my computer and after trying a few different printers I can't seem to fix it. Everytime I hook up my printer it crashes my computer or locks out my mouse. I originally used a Canon s600 printer now I am using a HP Deskjet 812C. Both had the same issue. Could it be driver related or a conflict I can't seem to locate because when it is hooked up I can't run my machine? My operating system is WinXP pro and my pc was built by me. Athlon XP 1.53ghz 1G ddr ram. Everything else seems to work fine except for my video card on startup it make a winnie noise for about 45 seconds then goes away. If I hit the card a shot the sound goes away. So please some ideas on stuff I can try would help alot ty in advance!

merlin_2

Re: My printer crashes my computer!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2005, 10:41:15 AM »
type dxdiag in the run box and test graphics.......are your ports on the mobo loose.... graphics card wining noise....does it a fan on it?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2005, 10:41:43 AM by merlin_2 »

originalbaron

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2005, 11:35:51 AM »
type dxdiag in the run box and test graphics.......are your ports on the mobo loose.... graphics card wining noise....does it a fan on it?

Yes the video card has a fan on it and yes I am sure that is the source. The card is only 3 months old.  It is a PNY Geforce FX 5500. With running the dxdiag text it has found no problems and getting a hold of a person at PNY is almost impossible. Got anything else I might try?

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2005, 12:13:39 PM »
I had that card once... Hated it... After looking at your response, you never did answer Merlin's question about if the card may be loose or something...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

originalbaron

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2005, 12:28:50 PM »
It isn't loose. I got it pushed in all the way and screwed in. I took it out and put it back in twice to make sure. The card has nice graphics especially for World of Warcraft but the noise. Guess I got to get on the phone to PNY and deal with there crappy phone help service that takes forever to talk to someone!

merlin_2

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2005, 12:42:32 PM »
Are these printer >>usb cable>>>remove them from the device manager  and unplug printer now reboot.now uninsatll the printer software and re-boot.......now load the software for the printer......and re-boot......now attach the printer.....see how it goes...