Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wireless card for HP Tx1000 - suddenly stopped working  (Read 3070 times)

huckleberryd

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Wireless card for HP Tx1000 - suddenly stopped working
    « on: February 22, 2010, 08:10:17 AM »
    my wireless card suddenly quit working.  Would my best bet be to buy a new one or take it somewhere to have it looked at.  Like something could have turned it off internally that I would not be aware of.  I am not all that computer savvy and just want to make sure I don't go buy a new one for nothing.

Also, if I am to buy a new one, my computer is a tx1000 and all the wireless cards that I am finding with this SPS# is for the DV series.  I have not been able to find one for the TX series.  Will the DV series work for this laptop?

Thanks
    Darlene

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Wireless card for HP Tx1000 - suddenly stopped working
    « Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 08:19:14 AM »
    There aren't any user serviceable parts on a Network card so to speak...
    A new card will only run you 15 Bucks or so and can always be returned if it's not the issue...
    You do not have to buy the same one that's in the machine...any 1 will work.
    However look for reliable brand names such as Netgear;D-Link or Motorola just to name a few...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

huckleberryd

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 09:27:54 AM »
      Thank you very much.  That was my thought, but just wanted to make sure.  The cost is low enough, but compatibility was one thing I was not sure of.  Thank you so much for the reply.  Have a super day!

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 09:59:02 AM »
      I just realised it's a laptop...the card will probably be more expensive...
      Another thing you may look into is contact your ISP...some of them provide Free cards.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Bromide

Beginner

• Experience: Familiar
        « Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 05:37:54 PM »
        I have an HP tx1320 laptop. Its wireless card died about a year ago. In shopping around for a new one I read a lot of forum posts on other sites saying that this was a common occurrence with the tx1000 series and that replacing the card won’t necessarily fix the problem.

I had found a couple cards that looked like they were compatible, like this one http://www.impactcomputers.com/3dd7fbb.html, but after reading about other people having problems trying to fix the card I opted to buy a simple USB wireless adapter, something like this  http://www.amazon.com/IOGear-Wireless-G-Speed-Adapter-GWU523/dp/B0009JR3SE.

It has worked fine ever since, but of course, it’s a nuisance to plug and unplug it all the time.