Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Face of Mankind.  (Read 4372 times)

WillNeedsHelpFast

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Face of Mankind.
    « on: March 08, 2010, 10:10:04 PM »
    Hey guys, I'm pretty sure not many of you have heard of this game but I'll tell you.

First off, I'm posting this to try to get more players to the game. I dont really get anything out of it except maybe new friends and the game already has a good ammount of players. I just think some of you may like this game and may see it to be intresting enough to try out.

What is Face of Mankind?

Face of Mankind is an MMORPG game based in a futuristic world.

Terms to Know:

Gank - The act of shooting someone without a justified reason.
    Penalty Points (PP) - An ammount of points similar to a wanted level. *Explained Below*
    Vortex - A transporter that can take you to other colonies.
    Vorting - The act of using a Vortex.
    Raid - The use of a men to attack a specified colony.
    FoM - Face of Mankind.
    DMC - DeMorgansCastle (The prison)

So, when you start, you'll be allowed to customize your chracter and come up with a name for yourself. It's traditional to use a RP name such as "Firstname_Lastname". It's not required but is recommended. Your name does NOT have to be your real name. From there, you may choose your faction. There are 8 factions to choose from, wich are listed below.

Law Enforcement Department (LED) - LED is the Law Enforcement for Face of Mankind. LED members may check criminals for PP and arrest them accordingly. They also have unique abilities, some being the ability to arrest criminals and use stun rounds. They often can be found guarding DMC.

Freedom Defense Corps (FDC) - FDC is the military faction of FoM. They may also arrest criminals but do in only very rare situations. They are often called during raids and primarly use lethal force. They are EXTREMLY deadly and well trained.

Guardians of Mankind (GoM) - The GoM are a rather peacefull faction. They are often in politics and are usually found to be just trying to play the game and have fun. But dont get too cocky. GoM aren't afraid to *censored* their guns, GoM are pretty decent fighters. They aren't a good or a bad faction. They are more of a neutral faction. GoM will pull their guns if they need to.

Brotherhood of Shadows (BoS) - The BoS is a criminal faction. They are often drug kings & queens. They are often found selling drugs for their money and are ready to go off and pull a gun.

Eurocore (EC) - EC is a kinda of rebel faction. They are criminal aswell but they are very rebellous. None-the-less they are a good faction to consider joining.

Vortex Inc. (VI) - VI is a mining guild. They are generally peacefull but like everyone else, still armed. They do not war often but will fight if called for.

Colonization & Mining Guild (CMG) - CMG is another mining guild. They are peacefull aswell but aren't afraid of a bit of a war. They are often miners on DMC. They generally keep a tight security with their home colony being DMC.

Mercanaries of The Blood (MoTB) - MoTB is not one to joke around with. MoTB is full of well trained fighters. They will fight for anyone doing anything for profit. They are ruthless. Even the last time I played, they had a contract to help defend DMC. They may not like certain factions, but they will buddy with you for the right price. They will get the job done, right, the first time. Definatly worth spending the money for a contract.

Now you know all the factions. Now it's time for you to decide. Below is a few videos on youtube of some of the fun events in factions. Make sure you look for gameplay & tuturial videos!

MoTB raids DMC! Listen to the leaders of the raid on Vent!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoYjBA4vycc

Why not to *censored* with GoM & VI! Take this MoTB!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1X12lPw62w

GoM sure does know how to party!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGXAM5t_Ojo

BoS & EC raids!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxraRAF74NQ

I could go on all day, just go to youtube and type in "Face of Mankind". Videos from the past 2-4 months you should look for.

FoM is currently in an open beta. It is made by Duplex Systems but it's ran by...The players! The players run the game and decide their fate. There is soooo much more but if you're intrested. Head of to fomportal.com and create an account. Download it and then head over to the Face of Mankind forums. You can find many helpful people on the forums willing to help you learn. You may also look at the tuturial videos Duplex has posted on youtube.

In game there is a mail feature, sometime write me a mail. My ingame name is Will Wilson. When I get my new computer I'll be back to raid. Mail me. Have fun!
    Doesn't need help as fast anymore ;)