Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: This Will Blow You Away. Sneak Peek at The New Photoshop.  (Read 3896 times)

Computer Hope Admin

Topic Starter
  • Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
This Will Blow You Away. Sneak Peek at The New Photoshop.
« on: March 31, 2010, 04:24:33 PM »
News just in that Adobe Creative Suite 5 will be released on April 12th, with shipping expected to start a month later.

As usual, CS5 will combine the very best features in graphics, video and Web design for professionals, for an extortionate price.

That said, have a watch of this video of just one of the new Photoshop’s capabilities. You will be blown away. This makes light work of what previous would have taken hours, maybe even days of work.

Link to video on YouTube - Almost seems too good to be real. But apparently is real, could only imagine the complexity of this programming.

Link to news article
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

Azzaboi

Apprentice
  • Aaron's Game Zone
    • Aaron's Game Zone
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: This Will Blow You Away. Sneak Peek at The New Photoshop.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 05:45:31 PM »
giggles, what day is it today? OHHH BOYYYY I CAN'T WAIT!!!  ;)
Aaron's Game Zone
The best free online flash games: http://azzaboi.weebly.com

Play Games - Play free games at Play Games Arcade

Allan

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 06:48:51 AM »

That said, have a watch of this video of just one of the new Photoshop’s capabilities. You will be blown away. This makes light work of what previous would have taken hours, maybe even days of work.

You're right - it's absolutely phenomenal what can be done today.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 06:57:42 AM »
giggles, what day is it today? OHHH BOYYYY I CAN'T WAIT!!!  ;)

the post that is linked was posted on March 24, 2010.

Also, I think this sort of stuff has been available as an addon, I've seen people doing something very similar with it.

I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Allan

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 07:20:34 AM »
the post that is linked was posted on March 24, 2010.

Also, I think this sort of stuff has been available as an addon, I've seen people doing something very similar with it.

Perhaps so. But when I think about how far I've seen computing come..........
My first computer was an Atari 400 computer (followed quickly by the Atari 800). Tape driven, my first great app was a cardfile. Then it was a custom modified IBM PC XT and an AT&T 6300 - with a whopping 256 KB of ram and a 10 MB hd. MultiMate was the word processor and I used Fastback to backup the systems to 5 1/4" floppy discs.  So yeah, from my perspective it's absolutely amazing how far we've come in my 28 years of using computers :)

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 07:40:16 AM »
Perhaps so. But when I think about how far I've seen computing come..........
My first computer was an Atari 400 computer (followed quickly by the Atari 800). Tape driven, my first great app was a cardfile. Then it was a custom modified IBM PC XT and an AT&T 6300 - with a whopping 256 KB of ram and a 10 MB hd. MultiMate was the word processor and I used Fastback to backup the systems to 5 1/4" floppy discs.  So yeah, from my perspective it's absolutely amazing how far we've come in my 28 years of using computers :)

28 years is more than a lifetime.

Well, from my perspective, since my lifetime is 22 years. haha.

anyway the most amazing thing is that today you can get quad core PCs with 8GB of RAM and super mega fast video cards and sound and other features, and back in the day a IBM PC could cost upwards of 5,000 dollars (probably more, that's certainly a conservative estimate)... that's not even to mention the fact that even that IBM PC was thousands of times faster  then multi-million dollar mainframes in the 50's. All thanks to the magic of the transistor. Considering we've only really gone through two physical manifestations (one using vacuum tubes, and now we're still using transistors) it's rather interesting to consider how much farther we have to go; it is often cited that there is research being done with a base in quantum mechanics that may yield a new technology like the transistor.

the major stumbling block now would simply be the installed base of users that are now using the transistor based technology.... I would imagine using some sort of quantum based design would more then likely possibly be a clean break from what we have today; if people thought Vista/7 was a "totally different" from Windows XP consider for a moment using a unit to measure space that isn't measured in bits or bytes but rather using some new unit based entirely on the core architecture of the new technology that might be used in a future CPU.

Considering that when I first got "into" computers it was 2002-2004 it's pretty awkward to note that the first computer I had was a 286. I literally zoomed through all the architectures up to today, learning "new" stuff as I went. (for example, the pentium and later processors, as well as other processors, can literally run two instructions simultaneously(on a single core), which is today being erroneously used as the definition for a multi-core/CPU machine) All part of optimized Assembly language (put these four instructions in the right order,  and A and B will execute simultaneously and so will C and D; taking two cycles, put them in the  "wrong" order and it could take four or even longer cycles, that sort of stuff...

And yet the more the PCs changed- the more  they remained the same. Almost everything back to some of the earliest Microcomputers had the same basic system layout- motherboard, daughterboards, processor, etc.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.