Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Outlook Express stationery question  (Read 2865 times)

Aimee J.

Outlook Express stationery question
« on: July 11, 2005, 12:56:40 PM »
If anyone can help, I would be much obliged!

At my new job, one of my daily duties involves sending out some e-mail announcements each morning. To facilitate this, I saved the first set of e-mails by clicking save "as stationery."

I thought that the messages would be saved as a template that I could use each day.

However, when I try to create a "New Message Using" the stationery, it opens a new message that is totally blank. No stationery.

Could there be a problem with how I saved the stationery (File > Save as Stationery)? I heard that sometimes the stationery will show up blank if you don't choose a "background picture," but these are professional, workplace e-mails and a background picture is not appropriate.

I used to send my e-mail announcements with Eudora and it seemed much easier!

Please help! Thanks in advance!

merlin_2

Aimee J.

Re: Outlook Express stationery question
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2005, 01:59:03 PM »
Thank you, but this link to "Inside Outlook Express" doesn't have any information about stationery.

Can anyone help?

merlin_2

Re: Outlook Express stationery question
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2005, 02:50:50 PM »
That can happen if the Sent Items folder is damaged. Move all messages you might want to keep out of the Sent Items folder and into another mail folder you create. Close OE, then delete the file Sent Items.dbx in your Identity's store folder. OE will create a new one when you re-open OE.

In order to avoid this problem, it is best to move messages out of Sent Items and into another folder you create whenever the number of messages is over 1,000 or so. Note that a very large Sent Items folder can also make OE sluggish whenever you send mail.
<snipped>>>