Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Photoshop Help  (Read 7576 times)

Joanylis

Photoshop Help
« on: June 14, 2004, 04:16:00 PM »
 :-/  Hello All...I want to edit a crooked pic in photoshop.  How can I straighten it out?  Please advise...Oh, also, can you tell me how I can change the background in a pic to something other than what it is...hope I'm not asking for too much assistance.  Thanks
::)   ;)

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Photoshop Help
    « Reply #1 on: June 14, 2004, 04:56:54 PM »
    Joanylis......when you say it crooked do you mean it has to be rotated one way or the other ?
    open up pic in photoshop....Click on image on tool bar....
    select ...rotate canvas..... select arbitrary ..........Rotate Canves box opens..... enter the amount to rotate in degrees and then select either CW or CCW and click ok...If that wasnt enough go back and repeat until you get it correct.
    let us know how you make out

dl65  ???
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Joanylis

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2004, 05:10:39 PM »
    dl65...you are just the whiz in photoshop.... ;D...that was exactly what I was looking for...at first I thought, no, but when I did it, it worked...thanks so much for the help....

Now, on to the 2nd part of that ??...please advise how I can change the background in a photo?  For example grabbing a background from a pic #1 and introducing it into pic #2?  

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2004, 05:40:49 PM »
      Joanylis......There are several ways you can do this......
      If you take the pic with the foregound you want and change to a gif .....and set the background as transparent .....then layer via copy onto the background you want or you can use the magic wand tool and capture the part of the pic you want to transfer and then copy and paste where you want it .

Photoshop is a very complex program and the best way to learn is to play with it and read the tutorials

Good luck

dl65  ???
      « Last Edit: June 14, 2004, 05:41:15 PM by dl65 »
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Joanylis

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2004, 06:33:44 PM »
       :D   Thank you...I will

Help

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2004, 11:47:26 PM »
      probably not needed....but....you can use the pen tool...turn it to the path tool.... and make a path around the part you want to crop then right click once youve made a full path and click make selection...after that you can cut out your selection relayer it and include it in other photos or whatever you want

Michelle osterhus

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2004, 01:52:59 PM »
      Hi, this may be a dumb question, but I cannot find the the filter in Adobe photoshop that does a nice job of converting a B&W to look more like a sketch.  I did it once and it looked awesome and now I can't seem to find the right one again...any help from anyone would be great!

Michelle