Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Start button, icons and taskbar missing plus weird typing thing  (Read 2865 times)

Barbara007

Topic Starter

Starter

I looked this up and tried several times to fix it by restarting, going in and running all scans,  It seemed fixed last night after hours of trying different things and letting the scans un.  This morning they are gone again.

Also, it is tedious to type, every few words the cursor replaces itself about a sentence behind where I am typing  go and I have to and fix it.  Here is an example:

end and the end is at the beginning.
    happens when i Just type normally without fixing it, the cursor will jump above and mess up the sentence.  Its driving me nuts.  I started this paragraph but the beginning is at the

this is what

thank you i just started a new job and need my laptop to work!

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru

Barbara007

Topic Starter

Starter

Re: Start button, icons and taskbar missing plus weird typing thing
      « Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 11:17:08 AM »
      Alan, thank you.  I am going to start following the instructions you linked, i have to do it in safemode.  In the meantime these are the programs I am using to protect my computer, keep it clean, is this too much, too little, not the best ones?  (in your opinion):

AVG
      Adaware
      Clean-Up
      RegistryBlue

(don't have exact names since I can't access anything right now)

Should I add malwarebytes?

Barbara007

Topic Starter

Starter

Re: Start button, icons and taskbar missing plus weird typing thing
        « Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 12:54:43 PM »
        Its working!

I added PC Tools Firewall which came with Spyware Dr. and when I rebooted it seemed fine (at least for now).

Can you tell me if I am running too much or too little security software:

AVG anitvirus
        Adaware
        Registry Booster 2
        PC Tools Firewall
        Spyware Dr.

Thank you very much.  I hope I can help someone who comes along and knows less than me....I really do know a few things even though it may not seem like it!    :D