Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I am looking for some guidance around mobile internet :)  (Read 1672 times)

soozalooza

I am looking for some guidance around mobile internet :)
« on: May 03, 2010, 07:49:22 AM »
Hi :)  I am looking for advice and info around mobile internet (in Canada). I'm moving in a couple of days, and  have a 2 week wait for my phone & internet to be hooked up.  I am hoping for a temporary option to tide me over.  Tried doing research online, but have no knowledge base in this area and am lost!  I'd like to get online at home rather than the library or cafe, and do not mind paying for this, but still have a budget :)  I'm also wondering if a cell for a modem (need to get a cell) might be an option?  I would be very grateful for any help!

truenorth

Guru

Re: I am looking for some guidance around mobile internet :)
    « Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 11:37:16 AM »
    Welcome both to the CH forums and to Canada. Basically what you have is a time delay due to the time it takes for you to order and the company to install your chosen (available) internet connect-ability resource. If you already own a mobile internet device that can communicate over the web then the only limitation is access to an available transmit/receive internet infrastructure. Unfortunately if it ain't where you are it will necessitate you going to where it is. Maybe you will be lucky and have close by neigbour (note the Canadian spelling eh!) that has a DSL access and then you won't have to go to a "hot spot". truenorth