Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: video card role  (Read 2093 times)

rad

Topic Starter

Rookie

video card role
    « on: May 11, 2010, 05:44:41 PM »
    Can you please tell me-does videocard have any role in  capturing,additing and burning dvds?Or it does have its role in playing on video display only.What it`s purpose ?

computeruler

Egghead

• Yes
      • Yes
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: video card role
    « Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 07:39:15 PM »
    Basically it renders images.  So no, it wouldn't have anything to do with dvds.  Unless you are converting the file you captured and the converter has gpu support

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 07:49:01 PM »
    Most video cards integrate a DVD decoder on-board, usually the drivers for the video card include the appropriate codec that uses the hardware, so any DVD ripping program or playback program will use the hardware codec to capture the DVD video.

I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

rad

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 10:11:08 AM »
      It seems that my Corel Video Studio Pro X3 doing capturing and additing -OK, but when i want to burn DVD and BD with its burning software, o boy it so slow!Every step through takes forever!And to actually wright BD takes like 11-13 Hr.Yes,it converts but not that slow!I have HP 6250,but apgraded chip to Quad 9505,standard stock videocard.Do I need to upgrade videocard to speedup that video making process or it will not make any difference?

2x3i5x

Expert
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 11:47:34 PM »
      upgrading videocard shouldn't have too much effect on the burning process, unless you are doing something that is graphic intensive.

burning dvd and bd are more of cpu, and perhaps also  hard drive and burner drive dependent.

Faster CPU, better hard drive with decent read speeds and if burner drive can support a faster burn speed then you'll get a the burning done faster.